Sat, 30th Apr, 5.30pm Chelsea v Spurs.

Re: Chelsea VS Spuds

Young said:
Just wanna highlight the first goal scored by Chelsea. Is it in or out?

The commentators (Jon Champion & Paul Walsh) INSISTED that the goal wasn't in and it was 'poor decision' by the linesman. I thought they were being cunts - IMO commentators aren't supposed to give such a definite comment and your personal opinion, giving me the conclusion that they are probably Spud fans.

From my knowledge, if the ball is 3/4 past the goal line, it's a goal. The pundits (Andy Townsend & co.) were arguing whether the linesman could actually see the goal moment.

Anyway cheers.

Btw, it is a poor mistake by Gomez pulling a "Robert Green".
then you know sod all about football..

Being a Chelsea fan I don't think either of those goals should have been allowed and had it been revered I'd be furious. I do think the first one made it over but there is just no way the linesman could have seen it - which is essentially all Gomes' fault so they brought it upon themselves. We were then denied a penalty, probably to atone for that and Kalou's goal was offside.

Tactically we made a huge mistake by playing Drogba and Torres in a 442 when it hasn't worked since January. However, Tottenham had one shot on target to our ten, their one shot somehow made it in. They came out gutless in attack and basically rode their luck while our tactics hindered us. Sorry to say it but if you rely on luck, sometimes it'll go the other way - welcome to football. If they want to go into the CL with some of the players they're using at the moment they'll just be humiliated again.

I dont no about you guys but i reckon Cech should of saved sandro's goal. If you watch the replay you can see Cech's hand hit under the ball and went into the net. If he put his hand across instead of under he would of saved it.

Le Pop said:
I dont no about you guys but i reckon Cech should of saved sandro's goal. If you watch the replay you can see Cech's hand hit under the ball and went into the net. If he put his hand across instead of under he would of saved it.

Thought I was the only one. Cech, pre head being smashed by that little shit, would have stopped it IMO.

Castiel said:
I do think the first one made it over but there is just no way the linesman could have seen it
I don't know how there can be any doubt about it; it quite clearly didn't cross the line. But I agree with everything else you said, especially the bit about the penalty you were denied and Spurs playing like complete shithouses.

Dubai Blue said:
I don't know how there can be any doubt about it; it quite clearly didn't cross the line. But I agree with everything else you said, especially the bit about the penalty you were denied and Spurs playing like complete shithouses.
Its probably team bias on my part but it genuinely looked over for a second to me. That doesn't change the fact that there is no way the linesman could have made that call fairly and it was a stupid thing for him to confirm. That said you can't have a goal keeper putting them in that kind of position in the first place. Given Gomes' reputation with these howlers I'd bet the linesman gave us the benefit of the doubt because of him being in goal.

Some City fans pointed out the Stoke goal denied earlier in the season which was absolutely over the line - call it poetic justice.

mcmanus said:
Le Pop said:

Thought I was the only one. Cech, pre head being smashed by that little shit, would have stopped it IMO.

Yeah that near death experience affected his career. i hate stephen C*nt

Le Pop said:
mcmanus said:

Yeah that near death experience affected his career. i hate stephen C*nt

Le Pop that horrible, little, scruffy fuckshit is hated on Bluemoon. Despicable, snidey challenges are his trademark.

Castiel said:
Dubai Blue said:
Its probably team bias on my part but it genuinely looked over for a second to me. That doesn't change the fact that there is no way the linesman could have made that call fairly and it was a stupid thing for him to confirm. That said you can't have a goal keeper putting them in that kind of position in the first place. Given Gomes' reputation with these howlers I'd bet the linesman gave us the benefit of the doubt because of him being in goal.

Some City fans pointed out the Stoke goal denied earlier in the season which was absolutely over the line - call it poetic justice.

this, it evens itself out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.