Saturday 13th July 1985 - Live Aid

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
39 years ago today.

It was a fantastic day, which raised a great deal of money for a very worthy cause.

Statue Quo's opening the show with Rockin' All Over The World set the tone for the day.

My highlight was Queen. They stole the show, as far as I’m concerned. The audience mimicking the video for Radio Ga-Ga gave me goosebumps.

My highlight was Queen. They stole the show, as far as I’m concerned. The audience mimicking the video for Radio Ga-Ga gave me goosebumps.
Here is their set remastered in full HD.

Bohemian Rhapsody 0.36
Radio Ga Ga 2.47
Ay Oh! 06:53
Hammer To Fall 07:35
Crazy Little Thing Called Love 12:01
We Will Rock You 16:03
We Are The Champions 17:22

Here is their set remastered in full HD.

Bohemian Rhapsody 0.36
Radio Ga Ga 2.47
Ay Oh! 06:53
Hammer To Fall 07:35
Crazy Little Thing Called Love 12:01
We Will Rock You 16:03
We Are The Champions 17:22

Freddie was advised by his doctor not to sing, as he’d had a throat infection a few days earlier.

He was brilliant, IMHO, and had the crowd eating out of his hand.

I was 12 when this happened and I had to go shopping with my mam. I remember getting back and it was on. I think The Who were playing at that time. Even though at that time I wasn't that into music(Just City and Alex Higgins) I was transfixed by it and watched it all. My biggest memory is Queen doing radio Gaga. Crazy that it's 39 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.