Saturday 13th July 1985 - Live Aid

Yes I'm a Queen disliker (hate is too strong a word) and the South African cultural boycott breakers shouldn't have even been there....
Wankers.
I wasn't a fan of what they did re visiting Sun City either. It was wrong, simple as. But that doesn't alter, for me, the fact that that they were the best act that afternoon , on either side of the pond.

I wasn't a fan of what they did re visiting Sun City either. It was wrong, simple as. But that doesn't alter, for me, the fact that that they were the best act that afternoon , on either side of the pond.
It still rankles me that they performed at Sun City. They shouldn’t have played there.

However, my love of their music is far stronger than the distaste I feel about that.

And as for Live Aid, I thought they were the best act as soon as they finished their set, and I have ever since, and nothing will dissuade me from that point of view.

Their appearance was tainted. Should have an * beside it ;)

Plus I cringed when every fucker conformed and clapped along to radio fucking gaga. It's sheep we're up against....

Side story..... I once spent an afternoon (ahem) trying to enjoy myself with a lovely woman from work at her house (when we both said we'd be elsewhere at different meetings) around 2002. She put on the CD of Queen live at Wembley.... talk about a passion killer...... I recall trying to maintain my concentration on the job in hand and ''keeping up appearances'' while listening to Mercury and the crowd going ''Daaayyyyyyoooooo Dayyyyyyyyyooooooooooo Doooobbbbeeeedayyyy dooooobeyddddayyyyoooooo''
She was a lovely women and I'd been trying for a short while to kop off.... but it was the worst shag I've ever encountered purely because of shagging with Queen as the backdrop.

And for the record, I've never done the business with Morrissey as the soundtrack either. Well.... not when with someone else ;)

Their appearance was tainted. Should have an * beside it ;)

Plus I cringed when every fucker conformed and clapped along to radio fucking gaga. It's sheep we're up against....

Side story..... I once spent an afternoon (ahem) trying to enjoy myself with a lovely woman from work at her house (when we both said we'd be elsewhere at different meetings) around 2002. She put on the CD of Queen live at Wembley.... talk about a passion killer...... I recall trying to maintain my concentration on the job in hand and ''keeping up appearances'' while listening to Mercury and the crowd going ''Daaayyyyyyoooooo Dayyyyyyyyyooooooooooo Doooobbbbeeeedayyyy dooooobeyddddayyyyoooooo''
She was a lovely women and I'd been trying for a short while to kop off.... but it was the worst shag I've ever encountered purely because of shagging with Queen as the backdrop.

And for the record, I've never done the business with Morrissey as the soundtrack either. Well.... not when with someone else ;)
Wow. And you say that you don't hate them. Riiiight.

U2 were excellent. But the best band on the day? No chance. Even the Queen haters (of which there are many) acknowledge that they stole the show on that phenomenal day.
I’m a Queen hater and it made me hate them even more. Probably to do with Charles and Diana’s reaction as they both became Queen fanboys that day.

The Style Council were one of the best that weekend.

As a footnote I still do hate Queen 39 years later.

If it wasn't for him flying economy from the UK to the States to perform at both venues, just to save some kids, he wouldn't have died from deep vein thrombosis.

RIP Phill and thank you Africa, thanks a lot.
Hilarious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.