Saudi Sovereign fund

I'm talking about the people. The people, not the rulers. People stay and rulers can go. I hope their football project thrives for the sake of their young people.
Have you seen how many of the Rulers there are in the House of Saud? Their rulers are going nowhere. Football may well be important but it won’t be attractive outside of Saudi, not a chance, it’s absolutely shite and just like China no one will give a fuck about a completely plastic league.

Have you seen how many of the Rulers there are in the House of Saud? Their rulers are going nowhere. Football may well be important but it won’t be attractive outside of Saudi, not a chance, it’s absolutely shite and just like China no one will give a fuck about a completely plastic league.
I hope they prove you wrong. We'll see, eh?

Saudi Arabia is slowly become a big payday league for lots off players wanting more money.

I get the money is good but why would you want to play in a league where its unbearably hot and humid, a country that doesn't respect women or human rights and not so competitive football with the players not even any better than the Scottish League.

I never have a issue with the Newcastle owners as they are respecting our laws and traditions.

No one said they can’t earn again, but it’s a fact that nearly half of professional footballers declare bankruptcy after retirement. They have little to no education, no experience in anything other than football and there’s very few coaching/punditry jobs out there compared to the number of ex players.

Also if you’re bringing work post-career into the equation that changes the discussion a lot doesn’t it?

If you’re a standard midtable professional in a big 5 league and the choice becomes retire at 35 and work for the rest of your life or spend 3 years in Saudi and be on holiday for the next 50 years then there’s a very easy winner.

Add to that, how much players leak money to their mates. I personally know a couple of ex PL players who accrued millions. But between their mates, and mates that advise them. They normally end up being shafted in the long run.
Skint.

I can see the appeal of the Saudi league cash, the rest, not so much. I mentioned earlier in the thread, I’d be concerned about the health implications of playing in the dry heat.. It’s probably not too bad now, but if the league becomes more competitive, I think health implications could follow.

Add to that, how much players leak money to their mates. I personally know a couple of ex PL players who accrued millions. But between their mates, and mates that advise them. They normally end up being shafted in the long run.
Skint.

I can see the appeal of the Saudi league cash, the rest, not so much. I mentioned earlier in the thread, I’d be concerned about the health implications of playing in the dry heat.. It’s probably not too bad now, but if the league becomes more competitive, I think health implications could follow.
I wonder if they’ll shrink the league (although they just expanded it).

PIF took over 4 clubs and other companies took over 4 clubs, but that leaves 10 free.

They could increase quality and decrease the physical demands by having a smaller, higher quality league with only say 22 or 28 matches in a season.

You could spread games out more and simultaneously keep to the winter months.

I wonder if they’ll shrink the league (although they just expanded it).

PIF took over 4 clubs and other companies took over 4 clubs, but that leaves 10 free.

They could increase quality and decrease the physical demands by having a smaller, higher quality league with only say 22 or 28 matches in a season.

You could spread games out more and simultaneously keep to the winter months.

That’s some work if you can get it. 6 x your already huge salary for a 3rd of the work..

The resentment of the ex pros in the media might become hilarious.

No I’m not, they built air conditioned stadiums.

But not the type in their 2010 document. (Totally controlled environment.)
See also the feasibility studies of 2014. The WC was moved in 2015 when their original submission was found to be not feasible.
You should stop assuming an air of superiority, it is unbecoming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.