Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Saurez Racism Investigation; Could Miss Semi ?

Suarez' penalty (if guilty) will be determined by Terry's disciplinary findngs.

It's all dependant on how hard they are prepared to hit Terry, if found guilty.

Most ridiculous argument ever.
Internationals must understand the conventions of the league in which they play.without exception, he must conform to FA standards, not the other way around.

I had to laugh at Poyet trying to defend Suarez on Talkshite a few weeks ago.

"Just because you make these sort of comments to one person, it doesn't mean you are racist, but if you make them about an entire nation, then maybe you are"
or something like that

and

"Maybe England (or Britain) should adapt more to the culture of foreigners coming here"

YCMIU!

The FA should just make the cunts duke it out......live on sky sports of course

It baffles me as to why there can be any doubt as to the severity of racial significance of what he said. He said what he did and it (if that is proven) to cause upset. Unless I am mistaken Suarez came thorugh the ranks at Ajax so there can be no excuse that things are more relaxed in Uruguay! He plays his football in Europe and for many years so there can be no excuse.

His situation reminds me also of the tweet from Gai Assulin and which this forum has picked up on. Gai Assulin it would seem from his tweet and typical of a lot of hard line jews cannot tolerate the notion of Palestine, so he has to make an anti Palestine comment. Self interests and feeling of racial superioty sadly falls under the umbrella of a racist for me...everytime!

Until we know exactly what he said I don't think he can be castigated.

Let's assume for a second, as he claims, that he was calling Evra something his own team mates call him. Let's say his nickname is the Black Maldini (probably Maldini Negro) and Suarez was mockingly calling him this. Is this racist? I don't think so.

Would it be racist if Vincent Kompany mockingly called Rooney the White Pele 10 times during a match? I don't think so.

So we just need to wait until all the information comes out.

The diver has been here long enough to have taken part in 'Kick it out' campaigns. Whatever is used back in his home country is not an excuse.

What I would like to see in the game, is as soon as it happens the first time, Evra (or whoever) approaches his own captain, who informs the Liverpool (or whoever) captain, to make him aware of the word used and say it will be reported after the game to the appropriate level so the captain might want to have a word with the offending player and suggests he stops it. That way, the opposing captain cannot deny being informed about it and then could himself face charges if he fails to act on such information. It would all be on TV cameras for all to see....
Or is that too simplistic?

If he doesn't play I think we'll progress quite easily. Lescott and Kompany couldn't handle him at all last game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.