Saurez [FA release investigation findings]

Re: Suarez (merged)

marco said:
johnbmcr said:
He had already said that to the BBC and press so it would impossible to retract I understand his defence was it was ok to call evra a negro or the Spanish equivalent however the FA considered that having lived in Europe for a few years he should have realised it was a racist insult .

A fair decision and when you recall all the shit Cities black players have had over the years Joleon Lescott was denied justice recently when he was racially abused.

Its set a good standard for dealing with future incidents . I think sometime we forget it’s a crime and Suarez could still end up being charged via a third party as John Terry might be!

Cannot wait to see how the FA react when someone rightly gets charged for being homophobic then we'll have a real battle about Offense v ‘it was only banter’ debate well done to the FA

PS what’s wrong with just calling an opponent a stupid fucker that way no one is offended :-)

but then if he is genuinaly stupid and is called a stupid fucker that then mocks the mentaly infirm prob best to stick with cnut i think

being mentally infirm is not the same as being stupid I should know m8 lol
you can do something about being stupid

blumoon said:
I bet John terry hasnt been this nervous since he heard wayne bridge pulling up his drive way half an hour earlier than expected

all the hard work done over the last 20 years to kick it out of the game and these two clowns undo whats been done, i'd love to see terry doing community service painting some old dears window frames i'd soil my pants laughing

Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
Davs 19 said:
asgoodasitgets said:
Shocked ? Don t be so melodramatic, it s embarrasing .
So a few choice words about ethnicity are worse than trying to injure someone?
How many careers have been ended by verbal abuse?
What next ? Lankyism ? Fattism? Baldiness?
In no way do I condone Suarez and his racism but some of the comments are astounding to say the least.

Yes ! I do find 'a few choice words about ethnicity' ( most right minded people would call it racist abuse ) worse than violent conduct on the pitch. If you don't get why, that's very much your problem. Melodramatic ? Rather that than live in your world IMO.[/quote

My problem? Good evasive answer. i ll make it simple for you, why don t you tell us why racism is worse than a potential career ending injury?
I ll make it even simpler, If you had the choice of Suarez calling Yaya Toure an offensive name or snapping his ankle , which would you choose? Because in MY world physical abuse is much worse in these circumstances.

I think that most posters on here could answer your question ( like the way that violent conduct has turned into a career ending injury by the way ), but you know what ? If you really don't know that now is the time to put your shovel down, there probably isn't any point carrying on. I know that this is the cue for you to tell me that I'm copping out but I'd have to value your opinion for that to matter. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR RACISM. End of. Knock yourself out replying, I'm off to talk to normal people :)

Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sniff said:
well thats a idiot fest of a comparison.... its acceptable to call people a "******" in america now.....

I think you will find that's like saying we all share the opinion of the NF.... what a stupid thing to say.

In certain parts of the US it is socially acceptable to use such a term. I know this having travelled beyond the East and West Coast, which is why I used Alabama rather than Boston.

On that basis, given the size and cultural diversity of the US, the example was a perfectly congruous one.

I agree with your first post, but by the same token, incindiary racial incidents in US sports rarely VERY rarely occur, and, when they do, are not tolerated at all. Even in ass-backward world of NASCAR. Which is why John Henry should know better than to pick at this wound with such an idiotic statement.

#ParaphrasedLiverpoolStatement is trending on twitter. Some brilliant comments.

'Suarez isn't racist, his favourite Ghostbuster is Winston.'

Juan King said:
Jack_mcfc_ said:
'we're gonna start winning everything, for Luis.
Lfc will win the title, and Luis will be player of the year.
Guaran-fuckin-teed.' ......... Haahaa Love it.

Is that a quote from King Kenny?

Pity he'll win player of the year playing for the Georgia Bulldogs - I'm sure they can rustle up a few white sheet wearing klansmen to vote for him :p

Re: Re: Suarez - 8 Match Ban

asgoodasitgets said:
Davs 19 said:
asgoodasitgets said:
Shocked ? Don t be so melodramatic, it s embarrasing .
So a few choice words about ethnicity are worse than trying to injure someone?
How many careers have been ended by verbal abuse?
What next ? Lankyism ? Fattism? Baldiness?
In no way do I condone Suarez and his racism but some of the comments are astounding to say the least.

Yes ! I do find 'a few choice words about ethnicity' ( most right minded people would call it racist abuse ) worse than violent conduct on the pitch. If you don't get why, that's very much your problem. Melodramatic ? Rather that than live in your world IMO.

My problem? Good evasive answer. i ll make it simple for you, why don t you tell us why racism is worse than a potential career ending injury?
I ll make it even simpler, If you had the choice of Suarez calling Yaya Toure an offensive name or snapping his ankle , which would you choose? Because in MY world physical abuse is much worse in these circumstances.

In my world no political system ever had a policy of institutionalized slide tackling that led to the subjigation or attempted elimination of an entire ethnicity.

edit: fuck that sounds preachy.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sniff said:
well thats a idiot fest of a comparison.... its acceptable to call people a "******" in america now.....

I think you will find that's like saying we all share the opinion of the NF.... what a stupid thing to say.

In certain parts of the US it is socially acceptable to use such a term. I know this having travelled beyond the East and West Coast, which is why I used Alabama rather than Boston.

On that basis, given the size and cultural diversity of the US, the example was a perfectly congruous one.

Thats bollox mate, i dont care where you have have been on your holidays. Having spent a year on exchange in Fort Worth.... travelled quite a lot, and still having good friends from Georgia and Arkannass. They would argue your talking bollox all day long.

Its not acceptable in any part of America to call people a "******". I only commented because of my personal experience of that part of the world. Its not common language, and you would be thrown out of any decent establishment for talking like that, if you still had your head connected to your shoulders.

Yeah they have the fuckwitts like every country, but they are still racist scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.