Save Our Dave Campaign: #SOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Save Our Dave Campaign: SOD

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/20/manchester-united-david-moyes-champions-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ons-league</a>

'We can win Champions League''

That's the spirit Dave!

PinkFinal said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/20/manchester-united-david-moyes-champions-league

'We can win Champions League''

That's the spirit Dave!
He can't manage it on any difficulty other than amateur though.

Does anyone think that on any level Moyes could become a great manager if "given time2"?

Also, how did they play last night? I wasn't staying up until 4am to watch those scumbags

Goo said:
Does anyone think that on any level Moyes could become a great manager if "given time2"?

Also, how did they play last night? I wasn't staying up until 4am to watch those scumbags
Question 1. No, not a hope, the comparisons with the gpc are silly, he took over a team that hadn't won a title in 20 years, gollum took over a team that won 13/20 titles.
Question 2. They were shit, olympiakos were shit, rvp put away his chances, de gea made some great saves.

Goo said:

Is that a joke?

They we're their usual selves mate, in reality poor finishing and some dreadful errors at the back cost Olympiacos. Don't let the delusion from the rags and the media fool you.

Vincents Tackle said:
Goo said:

Is that a joke?

They we're their usual selves mate, in reality poor finishing and some dreadful errors at the back cost Olympiacos. Don't let the delusion from the rags and the media fool you.

I'm i Aus mate, so I jsut woke up and went to work, not seen anything in the papers etc. All I saw was that the Greeks had more possession and more attempts, which is odd given the score line. I'm only asking as I hope they haven't "built momentum" before the derby. not that I think they can win if they had, but I want so smash them while they already have their heads hanging. A Grand no mercy 10-0 style game. I'd go mental if that happened.

First question isn't necessarily a joke, I don't think it'll happen. I'm jut wondering if there is anyone in the world who believes in the "he needs time" rhetoric

Goo said:
Does anyone think that on any level Moyes could become a great manager if "given time"?
You've clearly been tasting too much Aussie wine! Mind you, he could be great for us, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal.

The serious point is that Moyes sets his sides up in a certain way and it's mainly about keeping men behind the ball. Given the level of other teams, that will get you 6th-8th place, maybe 5th in a good year and possibly even 4th if enough teams above you screw up. The clue is that, with a group of players who won the PL pretty comfortably last season, he's almost exactly replicated his performance with Everton last season.

Everton last season: P29 W12 D12 L5 F46 A35 Pts 48
The rags this season: P29 W14 D6 L9 F46 A34 Pts 48

Prestwich_Blue said:
Goo said:
Does anyone think that on any level Moyes could become a great manager if "given time"?
You've clearly been tasting too much Aussie wine! Mind you, he could be great for us, Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal.

The serious point is that Moyes sets his sides up in a certain way and it's mainly about keeping men behind the ball. Given the level of other teams, that will get you 6th-8th place, maybe 5th in a good year and possibly even 4th if enough teams above you screw up. The clue is that, with a group of players who won the PL pretty comfortably last season, he's almost exactly replicated his performance with Everton last season.

Haha, just finished work... brains frazzled!

I was just wondering if there is any football fan anywhere who thinks he could learn or change to eventually become successful enough to keep united in or around the areas they expect, i.e. top 4, and CL progression.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I think between now and the end of the transfer window is United's last chance to get rid of him and be able to get back on track. After they let him spend their "war chest" terribly, and allow there best players to force moves because of the manager, it will be years before they can rebuild properly, if ever.

Goo said:
Vincents Tackle said:
Goo said:

Is that a joke?

I'm i Aus mate, so I jsut woke up and went to work, not seen anything in the papers etc. All I saw was that the Greeks had more possession and more attempts, which is odd given the score line. I'm only asking as I hope they haven't "built momentum" before the derby. not that I think they can win if they had, but I want so smash them while they already have their heads hanging. A Grand no mercy 10-0 style game. I'd go mental if that happened.

First question isn't necessarily a joke, I don't think it'll happen. I'm jut wondering if there is anyone in the world who believes in the "he needs time" rhetoric

No probs mate, trust me I watched the game and there is nothing at all for us to worry about. As I say Olympiacos had enough chances to bury the tie but through their own ineptness they couldn't manage it.

I do think there is a good chance that Moyes, the players and a fair few rags will have been fooled by the result last night and will now be thinking they have turned the corner. To me this just means that we now get the chance to knock them back into reality which is much more fun than them just accepting defeat before the game.

Of course I am assuming West Ham don't spoil the fun by beating them comfortably this weekend! #SOD

Goo said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Goo said:

Haha, just finished work... brains frazzled!

I was just wondering if there is any football fan anywhere who thinks he could learn or change to eventually become successful enough to keep united in or around the areas they expect, i.e. top 4, and CL progression.
That's the point. He won't change. That's the way he's done things for years, it's all he knows and he will carry on doing the same. The penny might drop with the Glazers in about 3 year's time when he's got rid of the whole current squad, got his own men in and they're still not getting into the top four.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.