Savic Loan To Wolves

Not sure who wolves will have as centre backs, but could be a good move if he can get a game. Had a dream Savic scored 2 goals last night and everyone was buzzing off him funnily enough

From express:

Wolves are eyeing a move for Manchester City defender Stefan Savic – but look like having to move players on first.

Savic, a 21-year-old Montenegro international, is understood to be one of the centre-backs identified by new manager Stale Solbakken to strengthen Wolves’ defence.

The former Partizan Belgrade stopper may be available on a season-long loan if City can sign another central defender.

Described by City as “one of the brightest young talents in European football”, Savic made 20 appearances for the Premier League champions in all competitions last season and has seven caps, scoring twice.

Savic was Roberto Mancini’s second summer signing last year when he penned a four-year deal but was forced to be patient behind Vincent Kompany, former Wolves man Joleon Lescott and Pablo Zabaleta for much of the campaign.

But there are obstacles preventing Savic joining.

The pending signing of Bjorn Bergmann Sigurdarson and captures of Frank Nouble and Jamie Tank take the number of professionals at Wolves to around 50, most of which will report back for testing next week before pre-season training begins on July 9.

And it is understood that tally may well have to be trimmed before Solbakken can add further to his squad.

Steven Mouyokolo is back at Compton after his cruciate ligament injury and will be fit by September.

The French-born defender adds to a group of players competing for the centre-back places including Roger Johnson, Richard Stearman, Christophe Berra and Danny Batth, while Jody Craddock has a two-week trial to impress.

Steven Fletcher and Matt Jarvis should also be returning with no developments yet on the duo, who it is understood want to remain in the Premier League.

I definitely think he needs a season on loan, either in the Championship or at a Premier League club where he will get games, in order to build his confidence and get used to the Engliush game.

Would be a good move for him, probably better than a PL club where he could end up sidelined?

Would be better at a PL club but if he plays a lot more in Wolves then be it.

35 league matches at least if he doesnt have big injuries, probably will be good for him to cut the basic mistakes out of his game. How to handle pressure etc.

Also would take Boyata back to replace Savic's in the first squad. As a 4th centerback. Kolo Toure is the big question for me in the defence. He is only 3rd CB but I dont trust the defence if Kompany has a longer injury. Imagine Kompany as he would have an injury like Vidic. We are done...

De Rossi would be perfect because he could be playing the centerback role if has to on a world class level too. But would be a midfielder.
(Javi Martinez the same but he is only potential right now but could be class.)

We need to get a centre half in before we let him go out on loan. Kolo is off too I'm led to believe.

Pleased for him if correct. He needs games of course, to build up his experience of the English game and playing in the rough and tumble of the Championship could be invaluable, assuming a decent run of games.

I like the lad, probably one of the few on here who does! I genuinely see a lot of potential in him. Just a shame he's made a couple of mistakes which have left him hung out to dry on here.

All part of the learning process and still only young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.