Savic Loan To Wolves

Good move by City if true. The lad's got some ability and I think can make it.

His arse went at Christmas, it was a real baptism of fire. With the confidence of a run of game sbehind the lad has a chance to make it with us.

His first half performance in the semi final at Anfield will live long in the memory, one of the worst of the season. Shipping him out might see an experienced centre half as cover now.

strongbowholic said:
Pleased for him if correct. He needs games of course, to build up his experience of the English game and playing in the rough and tumble of the Championship could be invaluable, assuming a decent run of games.

I like the lad, probably one of the few on here who does! I genuinely see a lot of potential in him. Just a shame he's made a couple of mistakes which have left him hung out to dry on here.

All part of the learning process and still only young.
I'm with you on this mate. Some of the stick he took last season, as a young lad in his first season in this country, was shameful at times.

He was thrown in at the deep end tbh and was found wanting, I think he has the chance to come good and a loan deal will give him games to prove this..

Re: Savic

whicko said:
Savic on his way to Wolves on a season long loan.
Who says so, you attention seeker? The link merely suggests it as an option but with several obstacles to overcome. Personally I would not expect Savic to play anything less than Premiership football next season, albeit not for one of the Top Six clubs.

LongsightM13 said:
strongbowholic said:
Pleased for him if correct. He needs games of course, to build up his experience of the English game and playing in the rough and tumble of the Championship could be invaluable, assuming a decent run of games.

I like the lad, probably one of the few on here who does! I genuinely see a lot of potential in him. Just a shame he's made a couple of mistakes which have left him hung out to dry on here.

All part of the learning process and still only young.
I'm with you on this mate. Some of the stick he took last season, as a young lad in his first season in this country, was shameful at times.

He was pretty dire to be honest.

It seemed to me to be nothing more than a confidence issue though. He needs to get over it.

He'll go to wolves and be a great player if he plays.. Although would love him to be loaned to a premiership club, although most clubs probably have centre back partnerships in place at the moment which Savic won't get into

Of course there were mistakes he made in games but looking back at certain other games he played quite well, one that springs to mind is the carling cup away to arsenal where he played quite well. It's not easy for a lad that age to get thrown in at the deep-end like he did, and the stick he took was unbelievable and harsh.

City is not the club to bring on latent talent, we need the real deal asap, more so in defensive positions. Savic is raw, makes a mistake then tries to compensate immediately, gets carded. His age is in his favour, if he matures at another club he could be around a long time, hope he does

Still unsure around Savic, what I have seen thus far, doesn't fill me with the confidence that he will make a meaningful contribution to our team, I do hope I'm proved wrong. In his defence, last season he was deployed at some difficult times, in some very big games against Premier proven performers and in the a position where continuity is essential and instead of Kompany (not easy)

The loan at Wolves, a good club with a new coach, is an ideal opportunity for him to develop into the player that the club hopes he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.