Savic

MCFC BOB said:
Captain of his national team aged 20. Been impressive when in possession, seemed to do the little things right quite a lot - bar his mistakes. It's all there.
So; basically, what you're saying is that if you take out his mistakes, he seems to do everything else right?
Hmm.

MCFC BOB said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
MCFC BOB said:
Because Nedum had never forced his way into the team after being here for 7 years. Because Savic is an decent prospect.

Go on, I'll bite, Bob. "Savic is a decent prospect". Based on what exactly? Half a dozen appearances, 4 of which he was a calamity on two legs, and the other 2 of which he had sod all to do! I'm all for giving the lad every opportunity, but I've seen nothing whatsoever so far to support your assertion that he's a decent prospect
Captain of his national team aged 20. Been impressive when in possession, seemed to do the little things right quite a lot - bar his mistakes. It's all there.

When did this happen? I've never seen him captain Montenegro, must have been a game where most of the senior players were injured or unavailable.

Anyway, he doesn't have a single quality that stands out from his peers, except his tendency to create calamities under pressure.

Vucinic from Juve is their captain, if Savic has captained them it would probably have been in his absence.

I think Savic has potential but right now is liability. It's okay to say "apart from his mistakes he did OK" but those mistakes have cost us dearly and have not been minor mistakes like miskicking the ball for a throw-in.

Looks a great prospect but has made a few costly mistakes, needs to get out on loan next season and get plenty of game time to adjust to the English hustle and bustle....clearly one for the near future.

Has great technique, gets stuck in, good at tackling, good header of the ball, think once he settles in he's going to be great.

Everyone is thinking that we should win the league but before the season kicked off I didnt think we had a chance due to the fact that its still a brand new team. We've come together quicker then most would have thought possible and now its the fans turn to try and keep them together during the run in. Lets not single individuals out but sing our hearts out for the team instead, chelski atmosphere sounded great tonight, we need to learn from that!

lee-mcfc said:
RyantheBlue said:
dillbi95 said:
This. We NEED another Centre Half desperately in the summer as Savic doesnt cut it, and i dont think he ever will.
Harsh but true
Have either of you two watched any of his other games?
everytime he plays he causes a (big)mistake,so near to the end of the season can we afford to let him make anymore? No

That's the kind of baseless comment that makes this thread a joke.
He made an error against Swansea, and one against Spurs. He's played how many other games and I can't think of any big mistake? People focus on what they want, and they want to believe that Savic has played 3 times for us.

RyantheBlue said:
lee-mcfc said:
RyantheBlue said:
everytime he plays he causes a (big)mistake,so near to the end of the season can we afford to let him make anymore? No

He made an error against Swansea, and one against Spurs. He's played how many other games and I can't think of any big mistake? People focus on what they want, and they want to believe that Savic has played 3 times for us.

He made an error for the national team a couple weeks ago. He made so many errors against Liverpool he was subbed at half, that was after giving away the penalty in the first leg that saw us out.

Boyata made a costly error but also had a few decent performances against Chelsea and Bolton.

Blue Haze said:
RyantheBlue said:
lee-mcfc said:

He made an error for the national team a couple weeks ago. He made so many errors against Liverpool he was subbed at half, that was after giving away the penalty in the first leg that saw us out.

He's made 12 appearances for us, what about the other 8, where he defended solidly for the most part, he's just 21 and we're writing him off. And there people go again, Savic didn't get us knocked out, a terrible performance did.

I wonder if he'd get this much faith if he came through our precious academy.

MSP said:
He was no shit. He made one unfortunate mistake that led to conceding a goal. If it could be called a mistake at all, he sent good ball and was just unfortunate that Balotelli (was it he, not sure) decided to move in that millisecond ball went to him.

It's moronic to crucify boy for that, there's ton of such balls in each match

Some of you guys are shame for MCFC, singling out players after each overall awful team performance, and killing their confidence (I'm pretty sure most of them come here to read what fans are saying) is pure bullshit.

I agree that , aside from his mistake , he didn't really have a bad game , but it was that needless error of his that caused the move that led to Swanseas goal , and he needs to be more alert .

Every game is a cup final now , we found that out at Swansea , and Savic has to stay focused and deal with situations much better than he has done when he's had chances recently ...... we cannot afford for errors now , games are running out , we cannot afford to drop points!

RyantheBlue said:
lee-mcfc said:
RyantheBlue said:

liverpool pen?
another for his national team
watch him make another next week but its okay,not like we are trying to win the league or anything.........

like i said he's one for the future, a loan move will do him good.

I find it pathetic when people start critisising Savic. Ffs he is 20. The arrogance some people show on here. I could bet my last peanut that everyone taking the mick out of him today will have a Tevez-esque change of heart. You hate him now, but will be wanking over him in a few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.