Savic

jimharri said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Some people don't half talk shit!! There are 3 games I can think of Stefan making vital mistakes not necessarily costing us the game but they are, Liverpool Carling Cup (first leg), Tottenham (League) and Swansea.... Thats 3 games out of the 12 he's played this season yet everyone bangs on that he does it every time he plays..

Everyone did the same to Boyata when he fucked up against Arsenal and he got dropped and didn't feature as much as he use to before that and now look at him he can barely make the fuckin Bolton team and we're trying to do the same to Savic I'm just glad Mancini is still picking him when in need to as it won't dent his confidence and ability to improve as a player...

Remember Kompany wasn't any better when he first started for us but a consistant amount of games helped him better his over-all ability and now he's our captain...

Results don't ponder on 1 player but 11, OK he gave the ball away but who didn't that game? and even after he gave the ball away it still took them about 30 seconds after that to score their goal...
So; that's one serious (vital, using your description) mistake in every four games (using your figures). Does that not strike you as being on the high side?

Considering the circumstances no... I'm pretty sure Kompany or Lescott have made just as many mistakes this season only.difference is when they make mistakes (be it marking or misplace passes) they usually go unpunished unlike Savic's mistakes.

I have seen a few games this season from Savic that has my hopes high for him in the future as he looks far more composed on the ball unlike Lescott and I do feel much better when Savic has the ball at his feet defending then I do with Lescott. Unfortunately with.the position.we are in currently (fighting for the title) it's a bit much to ask for a 20/21 year old to come in and make a difference.. As a previous poster said the mistake we've made is playing the same centre back partnership at every given opportunity this season so when someone does fill in for an absent player for a few weeks they have no understanding of each others game.

20sbc07 said:
I think Savic has potential but personally I think Boyata is far better.

I'm a bit worried that he can't get into Bolton's first team especially considering the fact they don't have Gary Cahill anymore..

Coyle hasn't even tried him as a centre back that I can see, has it in his head that Boyata is a right back, but Boyata isn't a right back and that is why he is on the bench at Bolton. Two talented players of ours now stagnated at Bolton (Weiss the other who is proving in Spain he's a good player), time to look for another loan outlet in the Premier League.

jimharri said:
Some people don't half talk shit!! There are 3 games I can think of Stefan making vital mistakes not necessarily costing us the game but they are, Liverpool Carling Cup (first leg), Tottenham (League) and Swansea.... Thats 3 games out of the 12 he's played this season yet everyone bangs on that he does it every time he plays..

Everyone did the same to Boyata when he fucked up against Arsenal and he got dropped and didn't feature as much as he use to before that and now look at him he can barely make the fuckin Bolton team and we're trying to do the same to Savic I'm just glad Mancini is still picking him when in need to as it won't dent his confidence and ability to improve as a player...

Remember Kompany wasn't any better when he first started for us but a consistant amount of games helped him better his over-all ability and now he's our captain...

Results don't ponder on 1 player but 11, OK he gave the ball away but who didn't that game? and even after he gave the ball away it still took them about 30 seconds after that to score their goal...
So; that's one serious (vital, using your description) mistake in every four games (using your figures). Does that not strike you as being on the high side?

Considering the circumstances no... I'm pretty sure Kompany or Lescott have made just as many mistakes this season only.difference is when they make mistakes (be it marking or misplace passes) they usually go unpunished unlike Savic's mistakes.

I have seen a few games this season from Savic that has my hopes high for him in the future as he looks far more composed on the ball unlike Lescott and I do feel much better when Savic has the ball at his feet defending then I do with Lescott. Unfortunately with.the position.we are in currently (fighting for the title) it's a bit much to ask for a 20/21 year old to come in and make a difference.. As a previous poster said the mistake we've made is playing the same centre back partnership at every given opportunity this season so when someone does fill in for an absent player for a few weeks they have no understanding of each others game.

But it's more than just the catastrophic errors though isn't it? It's his inability to cope under even the tiniest amount of pressure. I can't recall when I last saw a City player as unready for this league mentally or physically, and to try and pretend that Kompany, Lescott and even Boyata were equally incompetent in their early days at the club is disingenuous in the extreme.
Savic was caught continually the wrong side of his man at Loftus Road, lost everything in the air against Heidar Helgusson and almost conceded a penalty at the death. Against Liverpool (1st leg) he first again allowed a striker (Carroll) to roll around the wrong side of him leaving him one on one with Hart 10 yards out, seconds later he did concede a needless penalty and he was again beaten in the air with monotonous regularity. His performance in the 2nd leg beggared belief and I lost count of the number of sliced clearances and passes straight to Liverpool players. I don't think I've ever seen such panic in a central defender and clearly neither had Mancini. Against Spurs he was caught on the hop by a ball that travelled fully 50 yards and presented Defoe with a goal, an error that he then almost compounded in injury time with a woeful pass come interception that left Bale in the clear. The awful mishit pass at Swansea was what made the headlines, but there were 2 or 3 other occasions when he was panicked into clearing the ball into the crowd when he had team mates available, and he was nearly mugged off for a goal early in the 2nd half when a Swansea player put the ball through his legs.
The only games that have been incident free have been when he's had fuck all to do defensively. What I'm saying is not spite. I want the lad to succeed. Heckling him can only benefit the opposition, but I can't see anything to suggest that at the moment he is anything other than a complete and utter liability

Boyata is better and didn't cost 6 millions.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:14 pm --<br /><br />Every mistake he makes cost us victory or at least a draw

Exeter Blue I am here said:
jimharri said:

But it's more than just the catastrophic errors though isn't it? It's his inability to cope under even the tiniest amount of pressure. I can't recall when I last saw a City player as unready for this league mentally or physically, and to try and pretend that Kompany, Lescott and even Boyata were equally incompetent in their early days at the club is disingenuous in the extreme.
Savic was caught continually the wrong side of his man at Loftus Road, lost everything in the air against Heidar Helgusson and almost conceded a penalty at the death. Against Liverpool (1st leg) he first again allowed a striker (Carroll) to roll around the wrong side of him leaving him one on one with Hart 10 yards out, seconds later he did concede a needless penalty and he was again beaten in the air with monotonous regularity. His performance in the 2nd leg beggared belief and I lost count of the number of sliced clearances and passes straight to Liverpool players. I don't think I've ever seen such panic in a central defender and clearly neither had Mancini. Against Spurs he was caught on the hop by a ball that travelled fully 50 yards and presented Defoe with a goal, an error that he then almost compounded in injury time with a woeful pass come interception that left Bale in the clear. The awful mishit pass at Swansea was what made the headlines, but there were 2 or 3 other occasions when he was panicked into clearing the ball into the crowd when he had team mates available, and he was nearly mugged off for a goal early in the 2nd half when a Swansea player put the ball through his legs.
The only games that have been incident free have been when he's had fuck all to do defensively. What I'm saying is not spite. I want the lad to succeed. Heckling him can only benefit the opposition, but I can't see anything to suggest that at the moment he is anything other than a complete and utter liability

I think the lad is reasonable back up... The only problem is when ever he is called upon it's to fill in for our captain and most consistent defender VK I bet if Savic.filled in for Joleon and had Vinnie playing beside him we would see a different Savic as VK has that leadership ability to help whoever is playing beside him to get the best out of them, for example look at when Joleon and Kolo played together they were fuckin awful but when they play beside VK they look like completely different players then when playing beside each other...

Exeter Blue I am here said:

I think the lad is reasonable back up... The only problem is when ever he is called upon it's to fill in for our captain and most consistent defender VK I bet if Savic.filled in for Joleon and had Vinnie playing beside him we would see a different Savic as VK has that leadership ability to help whoever is playing beside him to get the best out of them, for example look at when Joleon and Kolo played together they were fuckin awful but when they play beside VK they look like completely different players then when playing beside each other...

Fair point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.