Savic

Started abysmally but I thought he grew into the game, had a good 2nd half and despite zero confidence always made himself available for the ball to bring it out of defence.

He needs patience and support to help him settle and rediscover some convidence. Unfortunately, as a group of fans we are a vicious bunch and our cruel criticsms will hinder him.

dalen96 said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Hes absolute shocking. Kolo is awful aswell. Desperately need a new centre back and the summer, like most know anyway.

Please end this thread here.

How can you post this tonight when he had a great game?

Surprising, isn't it? It was hardly his worst game. I guess the comment was already made even before the game so it had to be posted regardless.

smoschella said:
Loan him out next year to a mediocre PL team, bring Boyata back in, sell Kolo, buy a veteran CB?

Savic has got some chance, Boyata's gained experience, and we'll get a 3rd CB in the market. I think that's the best for all parties.

Which Premier League teams will fancy getting him in on loan after some of his displays this season though? And even if they did, he'd end up sitting on the bench like Boyata at Bolton which is no use to us at all (apart from the obvious benefit that if he isn't at the club Mancini can't pick him). He'll need to drop down a division or two to get many games imo.

dillbi95 said:
Chungo said:
Ntini77 said:
Good in the air
Fast
Positionally sound
Strong tackler
Neat passer
Decent haircut

Unfortunately, Savic possesses none of these qualities.

This. Can't see his potential really. Don't know what the scouts who found him saw.
I always think this, how on earth did the scouts & / or RM think that he would cut in our team now or the future?
He has 0% chance of turning into our 1st choice CB.

You give him that much of a chance. If we played a 3 legged half dead dog in his place it would be able to contribute the same amount as him

Think some people being very harsh on him, thought he had a decent game. Just a thought but maybe we could try getting behind him and see if that helps his confidence at all maybe even make him his own little song.

anthonydunn87 said:
Think some people being very harsh on him, thought he had a decent game. Just a thought but maybe we could try getting behind him and see if that helps his confidence at all maybe even make him his own little song.

Maybe you should start a "song for Savic" thread. I am sure it would get some interesting responses.

When he started doing things well last night a guy in front of me said he wouldn't clap him because he doesn't like him. Ahocking attitude from that fan. I think Savic did alright last night, just as he did against Swansea.

simonr555 said:
When he started doing things well last night a guy in front of me said he wouldn't clap him because he doesn't like him. Ahocking attitude from that fan. I think Savic did alright last night, just as he did against Swansea.
For the second goal it looked to me like Savic was very indecisive and therefore painfully slow to get across to the player who crossed the ball. I don't know if I am being harsh there though because I haven't seen the goal on TV this morning.

markbmcfc said:
Started abysmally but I thought he grew into the game, had a good 2nd half and despite zero confidence always made himself available for the ball to bring it out of defence.

He needs patience and support to help him settle and rediscover some convidence. Unfortunately, as a group of fans we are a vicious bunch and our cruel criticsms will hinder him.

This ^^^^^^

His confidence is shot, but getting on his back won't help. Mancini sees something there, so gotta go with him on this....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.