Savic

oakiecokie said:
Having not had the chance to watch the game live,I came on BM all through the game and when I read all the comments about Savic my immediate reaction was "fuck off not again !!"
However having just watched MOTD why the fuck did he take all the flack,when another 4/5 Swansea players touched the ball before they scored.
Yes he gave the ball away with a pass that went backwards for Yaya,but what the fuck were the midfield and defence doing in allowing the cross to come over,with neither Richards or Kolo near the goalscorer.

Clichy should have been over to the winger instead of standing on the edge of the box....imagine the shit Kolarov would have got on here if he had done that.

wesshaw1985 said:
any pop at Savic is a pop at Mancini, he picked him

To be fair, I don't normally go along with the "blame the manager" brigade after every defeat but for the first time this season I genuinely thought Mancini got it very wrong. The team and the way we set up was asking for trouble. Swansea do play good football but they don't score many goals, we on the other hand, do.

Savic's mistake was unfortunate and he's clearly not good enough for us, but we got the result we deserved today without a doubt.

Sky Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
Having not had the chance to watch the game live,I came on BM all through the game and when I read all the comments about Savic my immediate reaction was "fuck off not again !!"
However having just watched MOTD why the fuck did he take all the flack,when another 4/5 Swansea players touched the ball before they scored.
Yes he gave the ball away with a pass that went backwards for Yaya,but what the fuck were the midfield and defence doing in allowing the cross to come over,with neither Richards or Kolo near the goalscorer.

Clichy should have been over to the winger instead of standing on the edge of the box....imagine the shit Kolarov would have got on here if he had done that.

Well can`t argue with that as the cross came over from his side and I`m a Clichy fan.

oakiecokie said:

Watch the highlights again. Our defense regroup and covered well - man and space.

The unmarked Moores was left to slip in by our midfield!
Watch NDJ's reaction after Luke scored!<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 am --<br /><br />
Keith Moon said:
Oh big Nige, that was not you proudest moment in battle..

'tis

Mr Partridge said:
wesshaw1985 said:

To be fair, I don't normally go along with the "blame the manager" brigade after every defeat but for the first time this season I genuinely thought Mancini got it very wrong. The team and the way we set up was asking for trouble. Swansea do play good football but they don't score many goals, we on the other hand, do.

Savic's mistake was unfortunate and he's clearly not good enough for us, but we got the result we deserved today without a doubt.

This is not the first time.

Yours truly have forewarned, in previous posts, about having a 'defensive' starting lineup!

Hindsight is not 20/20. Foresight is!

blueprint said:
Mr Partridge said:
wesshaw1985 said:

Yours truly have forewarned, in previous posts, about having a 'defensive' starting lineup!

I think the lineup may have been partly down to the fact we obviously didn't have our first choice defence(and the very fact that Savic was playing) that may have influenced Mancini's thinking. But then again, a title winning manager has to be a brave manager!

Mr Partridge said:
blueprint said:
Mr Partridge said:

I think the lineup may have been partly down to the fact we obviously didn't have our first choice defence(and the very fact that Savic was playing) that may have influenced Mancini's thinking. But then again, a title winning manager has to be a brave manager!
I think very few understand the role Savic is meant to play. An extra man on the attack is useful against teams who park the bus. Slavic brings it out very well and has a great pass, rewatch the Villa game. He was brilliant.

Revisit the game we had against Bolton (NDJ was not in the lineup) who parked their double decker at our home.
VK even advanced and could have got an assist if Mario had converted the pass from him.

Today NDJ was the weak link, not nullifying Moore's threat and goal, in our loss.
Having a holding midfielder the like of NDJ is more often a detriment to our winning cause this season.

I always worried when Savic play.
Ok, lets say if Savic didn't make that mistake and Swansea didn't score,
still the game is almost lost with dropping 2 points.

So, my argument, all the players didn't have a good game today.
To be champion, you should understand the urgency of scoring goals, not only one goal rather more goals as a precaution.

It was better if Micah Richards played in place of Savic.

For me playing Savic brings more costs than benefits.
Playing Savic also gives the opposition some sort encouragement
because they knew if he is pressed he is going to make mistakes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.