Savio | Joins City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that there’s a role a bit deeper for him if we are looking to change tact on the wings and look to be more aggressive.
He’s most definitely good enough.
Think he runs well with the ball and would get lots of fouls as they always chop him.

Think he runs well with the ball and would get lots of fouls as they always chop him.
It’s his ability to keep possession in tight areas and find an out ball which impresses me the most. He tends to do those runs inside and tgen inevitably fouled when other options dry up.

What I can't understand is why Troyes let Savio go out on loan?
You'd think they would want to hold on to their players.
Its akin to us sending DeBruyne out on loan.
Is it that they didn't realise he was as good as he has turned out to be?

What I can't understand is why Troyes let Savio go out on loan?
You'd think they would want to hold on to their players.
Its akin to us sending DeBruyne out on loan.
Is it that they didn't realise he was as good as he has turned out to be?
I doubt anyone thought he’d do so well this season. With Troyes in division 2, maybe he was sent to get top level football in the hope they could sell him on?

A theory, not fact!

I doubt anyone thought he’d do so well this season. With Troyes in division 2, maybe he was sent to get top level football in the hope they could sell him on?

A theory, not fact!
I don’t think the CFG had any intention of letting him play for Troyes.

Why would a division 2 French side loan a player to a top division Spanish side?

Clever money management I reckon.

I don’t think the CFG had any intention of letting him play for Troyes.

Why would a division 2 French side loan a player to a top division Spanish side?

Clever money management I reckon.
It won’t have been by accident. Our guys know what they’re doing.

Think Jack will be fine tbh, clearly has a skillset that doku/savio dont have and vice versa.

Bobb learning to play out and out on the left is probably a bigger threat to him imo. (with the system as is, can see it changing again looking at the rumoured target list)
I agree entirely. My point was just that I think Savio has shown he could be a regular first teamer for City based on this season, but that he would probably be worried about playing enough. The other poster said if Savio might be worried about that, he probably isn't good enough yet and I completely disagree. I'm sure Jack is probably pretty unhappy with how infrequently he's playing this season compared to before -- there just aren't enough minutes to go around for everyone, so really good players will miss out. It doesn't mean they're not good enough to play regularly.

I agree entirely. My point was just that I think Savio has shown he could be a regular first teamer for City based on this season, but that he would probably be worried about playing enough. The other poster said if Savio might be worried about that, he probably isn't good enough yet and I completely disagree. I'm sure Jack is probably pretty unhappy with how infrequently he's playing this season compared to before -- there just aren't enough minutes to go around for everyone, so really good players will miss out. It doesn't mean they're not good enough to play regularly.
Savio will be bounced out on loan to get the CL experience from Girona it seems just moving him to our books incase his stocks rise again.

What all these daft articles i keep reading are missing is that not in 1000 years would Troyes have (1) spotted Savio or (2) been able to sign him and (3) had the money to sign him without CFG. However with CFG and him being on their books they will be pulling in €20-€30m pure profit which they can then reinvest in their squad. That goes a long way in Ligue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.