Savio

Or Leipzig if we sign Olmo?
very good options, these clubs always improve young prospects, also he would fit like a glove for such an offensively direct league like a bundes one.
tbh, olmo would be even a worse transfer than paqueta considering his injury record and his stats not that impressive either....

imo, i would loan him to a CL club if girona isn't available, he's only 19 and needs to gain some physique for PL beforehand, and some CL experience would be nice
Pretty sure Savio is 20. Regardless, the kid might be good enough to play for us right now. He's got as much experience as Doku did before signing last summer, just depends on what Pep thinks of him in pre-season training.

How? Doku have more league games. Savio have 90, Doku has 138
I think you misread my response—we were referring to Doku’s experience before he joined City.

Savio has been in a better league, at a higher standard, with more pressure to perform, at essentially the same age. He also played as many minutes this season for Girona as Doku did in his last two seasons at Rennes.

Doku had played 7,814 minutes before joining us, Savio, 1,842 before this season. Doku had also played in 6 Champions League games as well as European League games and European Conference games. Savio has only featured in 2 European League games so far. Doku had also played 14 times for Belgium before joining, while Savio has 12 minutes for Brazil. Savio has had a wonderful season, meteoric even, so how best to keep that trajectory?

It would be exciting to see them both on the park, but it would not be without the risk of losing possession, which might be another reason why we’re also looking for midfielders with greater running power.

Doku had played 7,814 minutes before joining us, Savio, 1,842 before this season. Doku had also played in 6 Champions League games as well as European League games and European Conference games. Savio has only featured in 2 European League games so far. Doku had also played 14 times for Belgium before joining, while Savio has 12 minutes for Brazil. Savio has had a wonderful season, meteoric even, so how best to keep that trajectory?

It would be exciting to see them both on the park, but it would not be without the risk of losing possession, which might be another reason why we’re also looking for midfielders with greater running power.
Those minutes are not of equal weight from a standard of play or pressure to perform, though. Savinho’s minutes in La Liga this season (which, again, roughly equal Doku’s in Ligue 1 for his last two seasons at Rennes) were much more rigorous and instructive for him joining City than Doku’s were. Girona play a style much closer to Pep’s system (though, not the same) than Rennes, as well. Also, all but one of Doku’s appearances in the UCL prior to joining us were from the bench, and he actually had relatively limited minutes for Belgium, so it’s not as if those offered significantly more experience. I would even go so far as to say his Brasil Serie A minutes are equal in weight to Doku’s Rennes minutes, so they should be added on (at least from a facing cloggers perspective; there is a reason so many Brazilians almost immediately thrive in Ligue 1 after crossing the pond).

I am huge fan of Doku, by the way, and have been a steadfast defender of his quality and potential even whilst many were saying he was flop midseason, so this is no slight on the Belgian assassin. This is just an argument for Savio having more relevant experience for the standard of play in the PL than Doku. If anything, this also makes a case for Doku’s first season with us being better than many perceive.

Those minutes are not of equal weight from a standard of play or pressure to perform, though. Savinho’s minutes in La Liga this season (which, again, roughly equal Doku’s in Ligue 1 for his last two seasons at Rennes) were much more rigorous and instructive for him joining City than Doku’s were. Girona play a style much closer to Pep’s system (though, not the same) than Rennes, as well. Also, all but one of Doku’s appearances in the UCL prior to joining us were from the bench, and he actually had relatively limited minutes for Belgium, so it’s not as if those offered significantly more experience. I would even go so far as to say his Brasil Serie A minutes are equal in weight to Doku’s Rennes minutes, so they should be added on (at least from a facing cloggers perspective; there is a reason so many Brazilians almost immediately thrive in Ligue 1 after crossing the pond).

I am huge fan of Doku, by the way, and have been a steadfast defender of his quality and potential even whilst many were saying he was flop midseason, so this is no slight on the Belgian assassin. This is just an argument for Savio having more relevant experience for the standard of play in the PL than Doku. If anything, this also makes a case for Doku’s first season with us being better than many perceive.
I agree, though Doku's minutes and performances were of a sufficient standard to see us stump up the cash last summer: then again, from one farmer's league to an other... :-)

They're both very young with very high ceilings, so watching them develop should be entertaining.

If yesterday proved anything it's that you need the option of two wingers, who have pace and can dribble, against a team who put everything behind the ball - especially when chasing goals.

Doku was a game changer but we missed another option doing the same on the other side.

Savio offers that and him / Doku on either wing will scare the life out of defenders.

If yesterday proved anything it's that you need the option of two wingers, who have pace and can dribble, against a team who put everything behind the ball - especially when chasing goals.

Doku was a game changer but we missed another option doing the same on the other side.

Savio offers that and him / Doku on either wing will scare the life out of defenders.
It would be nice to have a new version of the 2017/18 centurion team I must admit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.