Savio

Besides the goal, he was pretty average. On the eye test at least. Dribbles didn’t come off. Couldn’t get his shots off. Was on the periphery of the game for the most part. Still young and has loads to improve. Watching his development will be interesting

Last edited:
I think he has things to offer the squad for sure. He's a young talent but I think he's got something we don't have: an option on the right

As Foden drifts inward more, our real RW option has become Bernardo. And I love Bernardo. He's an important piece of the team. But his versatility is what I like the most about him. He can play a multitude of roles. He knows what pep wants.

I think his best traits are inside too. He does not have the athleticism to beat his man from the right side. He's a wizard with the ball at his feet but that won't always work.

The percentage possessions where the ball got rotated to doku who then took his man on vs the low blocks absolutely dwarfed that of on the right side. We did not have the option to initiate much on the right side of the pitch. Bernardo holds with width and occupys the space well. There is a certain dynamic he brings but also one he doesn't.

I think RW is as important, if not more important, than a DM type. We need someone to spell Rodri, but we really need someone who can take someone on from the right. Give us another dimension. Occupy different spaces. Change the pace.

Savio might be that guy. He certainly brings a different dimension. I am really not sure who else out on the market is approachable for the right side. I sense a bit of trepidation among the fans over Savio's credentials. Successful season, sure. Large contributer to Girona's CL bound season.

Getting significant minutes for Brazil at 20. They have multiple talented RW players like Rodrygo and Raphina, and he's still getting significant time. That says a lot imo.

I think he's also an option for both the right and left.

Like comparing your current girlfriend to an ex who didn't want to be with you anymore,you torture yourself over the past when a bright future awaits. Nobody knows how Cole would have done if he stayed, but he is GONE. He's dancing with a rival, and didn't want to stay with you...LET IT GO!

I think Oscar has as high a ceiling as any of them, and I hope he gets the chance, but to have Doku, Savio, Oscar Bobb, Claudio Echeverri, Rico Lewis, and Phil Foden as the creative young setup of our team should set any City fan's pulse racing. The future could be well and truly golden. The potential is HUGE!

Pep must have called the Brazilian bench. They've pulled both City players :) Savio and Bruno
Pep Guardiola GIF - Pep Guardiola Kneel - Discover & Share GIFs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.