Savio

Is Savio actually any good?

No doubt he can contribute to the squad but is he really starting quality for the best team in the world?

Serious question because I've not seen much of him but he's not exactly blown me away from what I have seen.

I can't imagine he'll come in as a regular starter, and even so I don't imagine he'll play in tandem with Doku much. Both Savio and Doku are capable of playing on either wing so I'd imagine it would be one or the other with Bernardo/Grealish on the other side to give us that control.

Will play for first team, not loaned on.

Pep's been thinking about this low block all season. 11 men defences. How even the very best teams in the Premier league, actually... In Europe too, have responded to the brilliance and relentless treble winning team with siege style tactics.

And he's trying to find the answer in Doku and now this guy. He's looking for players that instead of having their pass blocked they weave past 2, 3, or 4 players before (something which needs more work) slitting the ball to Haaland - or, when Haaland is marked by 2 defenders, a Foden who's played in his correct position, or KDB or Rodri

It is basically financial detox, rather than financial doping.

Tbf nobody argued it was negative for those clubs. It was bad for football, they said.
Like i say though how is it bad for football? This deal is no different to City signing him and loaning him out for three years before bringing him in to the team - which every top club does.

The only difference is that we gave French grassroots football £30m plus. The original transfer fee would not have dented the FFP profit levels.

Had the original transfer been £50m and we did it to put the cost through another clubs books I can see the issue.

Is Savio actually any good?

No doubt he can contribute to the squad but is he really starting quality for the best team in the world?

Serious question because I've not seen much of him but he's not exactly blown me away from what I have seen.
One of the top 5 or so players in LaLiga last season by all accounts. He'll immediately be one of the best pure wingers in the PL.

Will play for first team, not loaned on.

Pep's been thinking about this low block all season. 11 men defences. How even the very best teams in the Premier league, actually... In Europe too, have responded to the brilliance and relentless treble winning team with siege style tactics.

And he's trying to find the answer in Doku and now this guy. He's looking for players that instead of having their pass blocked they weave past 2, 3, or 4 players before (something which needs more work) slitting the ball to Haaland - or, when Haaland is marked by 2 defenders, a Foden who's played in his correct position, or KDB or Rodri
Think we’ll see that sometimes though he’ll have the option sill of playing one and Grealish or Bernardo wide. Might still see Gealish and Bernardo sometimes too. Lots of options. I also think we might see Bernardo used more often as an 8 too.

Like i say though how is it bad for football? This deal is no different to City signing him and loaning him out for three years before bringing him in to the team - which every top club does.

The only difference is that we gave French grassroots football £30m plus. The original transfer fee would not have dented the FFP profit levels.

Had the original transfer been £50m and we did it to put the cost through another clubs books I can see the issue.

I was being facetious. I agree with you.

A loan deal for Savio remains on the cards if he does not impress in #ManCity’s pre-season. However, there is hope he will be ready to contribute and remain part of Pep Guardiola’s squad.

The very latest from @SamLee on @mancity

Not sure I get this. How can he impress in pre season when I doubt he will be on the US tour due to his participation in the Copa America.
Me thinks Sam Lee is talking shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.