Savio

I personally won't put a number on it. His performance will determine how many games he plays.

Many felt the same way when Doku came too. His performance ( or lack there of sometimes) set his minutes.

If Savio comes in and bangs in 3 goals and 5 assists in his first 5 games. And shows an ability to disrupt the right side with quick passing, great movement and good dribbling... He'll quickly become hard to dislodge.

So personally, I'd wait and see. I have no limits on his potential. He is as good as any of our wide players. They all have different skill sets. But he's just as good.
Maybe just dont see anyone getting the nod over Silva for any serious time while pep is here

Maybe just dont see anyone getting the nod over Silva while pep is here
I think that's more a function of not having any great left sided players. At Mahrez peak he was benching Bernado.

I see Bernardo as a place Holder. Great player you can move around because he does multiple things well. But he is probably best as a CM next to Rodri and just behind Foden. A position he and Kev will fight over once a true RW is found.

For now Bernardo plays RW to ease the congestion in the middle.

My prediction: Savio wins RW and Bernardo gets most of his game time at CM. Playing with Foden or Kev ahead of Rodri

However, I admit the chances you are right are hofher than mine :)

I'm curious to know how Pep is going to keep Foden, Doku, Bernardo, Grealish, Savio, and Bobb all happy with their minutes. I'm of the opinion that Savio should go on loan another year, but that doesn't sound like it's happening.

I'm curious to know how Pep is going to keep Foden, Doku, Bernardo, Grealish, Savio, and Bobb all happy with their minutes. I'm of the opinion that Savio should go on loan another year, but that doesn't sound like it's happening.
They are all not going to be happy. Doku will start on the left until he has a bad game or loses form. Then Grealish will sub in late to control the game and finish games we are ahead in. Then he'll start once Doku loses form.

Foden will start at 10. I don't think this discussion affects him. Bernardo will start at RW with Savio coming in late in games early on. late. If Savio shows exceptional play at the RW he'll supplant Bernardo. Bobb will get minutes behind Foden, Haaland, Kevin, and Bernardo. And if he really performs, others will get less time.

I don't see an issue..

Last edited:

By dropping Haaland. We are better without him anyway, m'yes.

Because we play about 60 games a season, everyone will get plenty of time on the pitch, especially with the inevitable injuries we seem to pick up.

The main issue we have is no cover for Rodri, nor enough reliable goalscorers other than Haaland and Foden.

Because we play about 60 games a season, everyone will get plenty of time on the pitch, especially with the inevitable injuries we seem to pick up.

The main issue we have is no cover for Rodri, nor enough reliable goalscorers other than Haaland and Foden.
I would think only one of Bobb and Savio will be around come September. Anybodies guess who.
Phil will probably start most if not all games in a 10 or hybrid 10 role. Kev will start more games on the bench which may or may not suit him. Pep has a tendency to revert to Bernardo wide right in certain big games and that is not likely to change.

I wonder if we are considering sending Bobb out on loan to Girona?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.