Scared for her life... Spineless Rag Basterds

manchester blue said:
JamesTenOne said:
Usually go to The Crown & Kettle on Great Ancoats Street as I only live round the corner. Can't see there being any trouble in there to be honest.

Didn't the Crwon and Kettle close down for a few yerars after a major ruck on derby day? To be honest I'd avoid town completly and stay in a pub in the suburbs with which you're familiar. I normally go in a particular pub to watch away games but there are more United fans than City even for a City game. So I'll be travelling further to a blue (Supporters club pub) to avoid any rags as I can't stand them on derby day! Might go in later if we win though. :)

I hadn't heard anything about that, wasn't there for the derby but have seen a fair few city and united matches in there this season and it has never been particularly busy.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
you are basically pimping your daughter out to all the sicko's that lurk on the internet. Have a think about what you are doing?
what utter BOLLOCKS

ramsdale4 said:
you are basically pimping your daughter out to all the sicko's that lurk on the internet. Have a think about what you are doing?

I think he just wants to know a decent safe pub mate. There's no sicko's on here.By the way Gary, my love dungeon is a safe place to watch the game. ;)

You sure about that??

The Lass O'Gowrie is a good pub, I've been there before and seen a few matches that've just been on when we went in, I've also seen it mentioned on here a few times but I've never been there for a City match, nevermind a Manchester derby so I dunno what it'd be like for that.

Pimping out is a bit of a weird thing to say, he didn't ask anyone to go with them, just asked for a suggestion on what pubs would be safe for a girl in her 20s to watch the match.

gary walker said:
Little help please!

My 23yr old daughter and her friend are desprate to go out in Manchester to watch Wen's return leg at the swamp, any iders where they can go in town and be safe-ish!! after the touble at our place on tuesday where the spineless basterds didn't care if it was women, children or old men they we're starting on.
I am really trying to talk her out of it but at 23 there isn't much I can do to stop her!

Thanks guys!!

How about they go to the ground and watch it there? Or a local pub rather than town, could see it getting messy in town after the game whatever the result.

Is it just me or is it a bit daft to be talking about where you are meeting up in town for a derby match where it is almost certain that the rags will be looking to cause trouble?
Surely a PM would be a better idea
(although I am not sure the MIBS know about the internet yet)

BS said:
I'm working til 8pm in Gorse Hill and I like the Gorse Hill pub but don't reckon it'll be the best place to watch the derby,especially as I'll then be caught up in all the after match traffic getting home.
At the moment I'm not sure whether to go back round Burnage/Didsbury area or to jump on the bus straight into town.If I do the latter I'll probably go to somewhere like the Lass O Gowrie.Dunno about the mix of blue
s/reds in there as I've only watched 20 minutes of the end of the Wigan game in there and I still managed to cause trouble in that time!Some silly American cow supporting Wigan told me she couldn't see the game so she got told to fucking move then while her boyfriend looked the other way.

Let's face it,they can't take defeat but if they started on a woman in a pub then they really are low.Tell her to stick a pepper spray in her handbag.
You say your working in gorse hill until 8 pm, then ur going to Burnage/Didsbury to watch game, now unless you own a fcuking rocket pal, I'd say you will be lucky to make the
second half!
You also state it would be low for them to start on a woman in a pub, yet you admit to starting on an American woman your self in the pub!
Bizzare.

scottyboi - I love Harribo, Thanks! but ur humble abode sounds scarier then ramsdale4's love dungeon.. ha ha

Thanks for your help guy's I'm all sorted now! me and the old man are happy = Happy days!!

I wont tell you lot where I have decided on because I could get into trouble for prostitution?!?! according to some people .. (Eh.. Esteban de la Sexface??) haha

Thanks again for all your suggestions and reading this thread has made my day, I love city fan's sense of humour!!

OH AND COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Barmpot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.