Scariest away day following City

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Fordyboy46, 3 Apr 2020.

1. DTKOAG

DTKOAG

Yes deffo the 2-2 game
    I ran into a little housing estate where a old lady let me in..
    I was only 14 they attacked anyone

lancs blue likes this.
  2. AliBobbyJ

AliBobbyJ

Millwall at Cold Blow Lane, what a name, just kept my mouth shut the whole evening from Victoria onwards.

Chelsea night match in 1984, took the missus to her first football match a couple of weeks after we'd met. Sat in the posh seats for safety but still got threatened by a neanderthal. Missus saved me with her American accent.

Only time i ever got a kicking was watching Swinton R.L. at Featherstpne in 1962 or thereabouts, truly the land that time forgot.

3. George Hannah

George Hannah

Told this tale before on here - Last time I went to Shrewsbury we got turned over 2-0 and I nearly got murdered in our end behind the goal by the biggest blue I have ever seen in my life. Somebody kicked my ankles and I elbowed a retaliation behind my back. It went in about a foot and I turned round to see this huge mound doubled up on the terrace, When it stood up all twisted with rage to a full seven feet it spluttered : "Why did you do that?" . I didn't know what to say except "sorry, I thought you were someone else". He gave a huge roar and I thought a pre-emptive strike was in order so I jumped towards him to deliver a blow but was immeditely assailed from each side by a forest of fists and boots. My over-educated companions slithered away in a most cowardly fashion and I was left in the centre of a ring of ugly fellow blues, led by the hulk, and bent on extreme violence. Then the Almighty intervened and the ref blew the whistle for kick off and I made my escape under he crash bars.

Fordyboy46 likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Footballs version of Rorkes Drift inside Tolka Park that day.

maccieblue likes this.
  5. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

yeah Cardiff was ruff. I still remember a city fan trying to open the gate onto the pitch and the coppers just managing to get it shut before hundreds of blues got on there at the end. Before during and after was mad as you say!! Think it was Swales last match before agreeing to sell...

6. Blue Mist

Blue Mist

Team supported:
    just give me equality
    me. I went with a Rag mate. We went in the Stretford End paddock. I refused his offer of blending in by borrowing his Rag scarf and when Denis scored and I jumped up he booted me in the thigh. fair do's really.

7. Stoke away when we both went down.

Cardiff away in the cup.

One game I do remember and it wasn’t a city game, was Exeter v Villa in the fa cup (mate of ours was playing for Exeter), so we went to Yeovil for the weekend, to meet some lads we’d seen on holiday. We travelled to Exeter to meet our mate at the final whistle, my fucking god what a mistake, it was like a war zone, but thankfully we got through it unscathed. When we eventually got to the ground to meet our mate, we were starting to get confronted by some seething Exeter fans, but luckily our mate came out with Peter Fox, so as soon as we shouted him, the Exeter lot just let us through.

8. Adidas Sharston

Adidas Sharston

Leeds away when Bobby Mimms made his debut. Went down with Donald on the train, remember a copper wishing us good luck before we left the station.

9. manclad

manclad

City boys we are here,sh*g your women and drink yo
    QPR was at home, this thread is about scary away matches.

10. Mike Brock

Mike Brock

Cardiff away in the cup. Was only 14 and terrified!