Scariest away day following City

That Forest game was my first away without my dad present, I'd of been 16. Went down on the special, old bill kept us behind for ages at the station. It had already kicked off in the town centre with City fans who got the service down.
We’d have been on the same train!

It was’t you who asked me if I was a City fan was it? If you were 16, life hadn’t been kind...

It was my first away game without my dad (which had all been at old trafford) too. Remember us being kept in for ages. Didn’t Neil McNab have a goal disallowed for offside at our end?

I should add I reckon I’ve seen City play away in about 35 home ends, if you include corporate. Been plenty of occasions where I’ve been more then a little scared. Went in the Monaco end, right behind the goal in the middle of their hardcore fans when we lost there in the CL in Pep’s first season. My proficiency in French has diminished significantly in the last 35 years. I could have easily been rumbled. That could have got nasty, but I did get a buzz out if it.

Not so much scary, as amusing, got stared at by a Baggies fan in the corporate area at the Hawthorns every time we scored, culminating in him offering me out. 2013/4 season season; we won 3-2. I wasn’t being disrespectful either. What a fucking loser.
Should have flattened the twat and then told them to stick their corporate where the sun don't shine .

Newcastle when they beat us 5 - 0, couldnt imagine what it would have been like if we had managed to win. Although a few of them came in our end and soon regretted it

We’d have been on the same train!

It was’t you who asked me if I was a City fan was it? If you were 16, life hadn’t been kind...

It was my first away game without my dad (which had all been at old trafford) too. Remember us being kept in for ages. Didn’t Neil McNab have a goal disallowed for offside at our end?

I remember Neil McNab missing a penalty at Shrewsbury in the last minute. We hadn't won away for about 2yrs. Im sure I cried that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.