Scariest away day following City

Did we really have scary away days?: {

I seem to recall having tea and cucumber sandwiches on the away day special horse drawn coaches. When we got to the station we'd find a nice upmarket cafe and sit in our tweed deerstalkers and hobnob tales of middle class England whilst cocking little finger out of the way of our bone china teacup. And when the jolly good boys in blue came out of the tunnel we all greeted them "hurrah, jolly good show boys". We'd then sit in our kid leather armchair seats with Beethoven piped through the stadium tannoys and joss sticks burning sandalwood incense.

Violence? We won't be having any of that round here. We're a local club for local people.

Those were the days... Tally ho old bean; )
I once read a spurs fan guide to Maine rd. it was early internet days otherwise I would try and find it.
He was quite complimentary but he stated that we had a dislike of spurs for some reason that he was unaware of.
After mentioning that we were quite friendly he added a note of caution.
Don’t upset them. They have hooligan element and even the shirts are prepared to fight if you piss them off.
He summed up our support pretty well I thought.

I once read a spurs fan guide to Maine rd. it was early internet days otherwise I would try and find it.
He was quite complimentary but he stated that we had a dislike of spurs for some reason that he was unaware of.
Don’t upset them. They have hooligan element and even the shirts are prepared to fight if you piss them off.
I agree with that. 3 of their made in Chelsea types started gobing off at my and my lad last year after the league game when we won 1 nil. They won't do it again.

Remember 1980 and we were at Derby away and got beat 3-0

At the End of the Game several hundred of the Local nutjobs invaded the pitch and charged over to us on the side Inviting us to Motal Combat

There was a mega turn out that day from City and after the Fence was vaulted by our lot and on the pitch,the Fearsome Rams (Average Age 15,) turned and fled

Several bricks were thrown at us,but the Police were
Rather worried and made us run on release from the ground to the Station where we boarded the special

Fratton Park 1985 won 2-1 was fiesty too
Pompey seem to have idiots on tap
I was at Portsmouth but in a car that day but we had loads there.

It all depended if the 20 you were with were all prepared to fight and how many of the 100 were prepared to fight. In many cases, a sizable majority of the 100 were there to be seen to be there, and really didn't fancy copping a crack. If the 30 of the 100 were fighters you were usually fucked, all all 100 were fighters, you definitely were.
In some situations, there really was no where to run to & there was no option but to stand. Your best hope was the old bill arriving & bailing you out.
I remember us away at coventry late 80’s start of season we took thousands, kicked off major before game we ended up in a situation of about 80 of them v prob 40 city, but us 40 were mostly game as fuck & went forwards as apposed to backwards, taught them a lesson big time

I was at Portsmouth but in a car that day but we had loads there.
I was at Pompey that day.
Everybody went mental when Kinsey scored apart from me. I was watching the fighting in the seats to our right.
It had been going off all game sporadically. When we scored the first thing I did was look over to see what was happening.
There didn’t seem to be any stewards or police in there and a huge brawl had erupted.

A bit patronising maybe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.