Schalke (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They currently sit 14th in the 18 team Bundesliga.
Several injuries and generally huge problems to score.
Lucky to have some worse teams below them or even relegation would become a threat.

... and get this tie 'won' over there.
Exactly.
They are shite away. Winning the 1st leg would be a huge step.

I'd go with:
----------------------Ederson
Walker-------Stones--------Otamendi------Laporte
-------------------Fernandinho
---------De Bruyne----------Gundogan
Bernardo--------------Aguero---------------Sterling

Could see him playing Zinchenko at left back, removing Otamendi and playing Laporte centre half.

Good shout.
7 more or less rested players.
Gündogan could be the boo-boy. Ex-Dortmund player and maybe still hated for the nearly forgotten Erdogan photos. Media will take care.

Had a player sent off before half time today in a 0-0 draw, that would have made a few tired legs, can never expect a walkover in the champions league but we should be looking to put a few past these before seeing the game out with the final in mind and perhaps allowing a slightly altered team to play in the return leg although I doubt Pep would play anything but the strongest side possible no matter what the result in the first leg.

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Kdb
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Bernardo left out purely on rotation, he played a lot of games without any rest earlier in the season when we were without kdb and silva picked up an inury so give him a rest with the final in mind. make use of Gundogans good form, Sterling has to start and Sane will be itching for a start against his old side.

They're bottom half of the bundlesliga, it's not as if they've given up on the league and have put all their eggs in the champions league basket either as they're not going to win it so as long as we're professional it should be a comfortable night

Ederson
Walker
Stones
Laporte
Zinchenko
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Kdb
Sterling
Sane
Aguero

Bernardo left out purely on rotation, he played a lot of games without any rest earlier in the season when we were without kdb and silva picked up an inury so give him a rest with the final in mind. make use of Gundogans good form, Sterling has to start and Sane will be itching for a start against his old side.

I think you can bet your arse Bernardo will start, if you remember Pep's last comments about him.
Had 10 days rest from the Chelsea match then.

Sané had 95 mins on the Newport pitch, HE needs some rest before the final I'd say, could come from the bench to say Hi to his old friends.

Paul-Lake.jpg
roger_palmer_150_150x180.jpg

Gary Neville likes this post.

On paper this should be a breeze if we stay true to our roots and be humble about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.