Schalke (a) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably delayed quite a long time. Might not make it to the game. Good luck
Just haven't got much patience wife keeps telling me to calm down,just want to get to the bar and pay stupid money for a couple of drinks

Schalke finished 2nd last season. This season they are struggling, but that may mean that on their day they can be very good and this will be the game they have been focusing on and looking forward to for weeks. This is their sole focus.

I am glad we drew Schalke but we need to be at our best

Just haven't got much patience wife keeps telling me to calm down,just want to get to the bar and pay stupid money for a couple of drinks
Get a meal deal with a coke, buy a couple of miniatures from Duty Free & mix.

Cost me £13.60 for 2 largers last month mind you one had a £1.00 dash of lime for Mrs Moon.

Schalke finished 2nd last season. This season they are struggling, but that may mean that on their day they can be very good and this will be the game they have been focusing on and looking forward to for weeks. This is their sole focus.

I am glad we drew Schalke but we need to be at our best

Worst Bundesliga season in 20 years. DOS Heidel, former Mainz 05, is under fire. Fans are frustrated.
Relegation zone is coming closer. Their last hope is reaching the cup final to qualify for Europe.

CL is not on their radar, not at all.
Much more important is the away match at Mainz on Saturday, esp. for Heidel.

In a way you could compare Schalke's situation to Newport:
hoping for an off day for City and God and the ref in a royal blue shirt.

Up front they now have Kutucu, turning 19 in March and was involved in 6 league matches.
Maybe even Matondo, 18, could start.
A clean sheet City win should be on the cards.

It's all about us.

Might have gone unnoticed but great to see Mangals and VK back on the track.

Big boost to the already good spirit within the club that is hard to break at present.

We are beginning to sound too cocky. Let us not forget that Schalke finished second last season and have massive support. Their stadium has a capacity much greater than the Etihad. A score draw would suffice in my book.

All Spanish officials for this game.

Hope none of them have an issue with Catalans.

All packed and buzzing 7am flight to the dam then train to Dusseldorf.

We are beginning to sound too cocky. Let us not forget that Schalke finished second last season and have massive support. Their stadium has a capacity much greater than the Etihad. A score draw would suffice in my book.
To be fair though, looking at this season’s form is more reliable than looking at last season’s as a measure of how good they are. Last season means nothing on Wednesday night. Schalke are really quite poor. Now that doesn’t mean they can’t beat us, but it doesn’t change the fact they are not all that impressive. We’d have to have a bad day to not take a lead back to the Etihad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.