Under next seasons rule change it’s a pen - this season it has to be deliberate and the only movement his arm makes in that split second is away from the ball.
Doesn’t matter. He still has his arm there in the first place making his body larger and stops it travelling at goal.

It’s fucking immaterial now as it’s happened and I’m not sure what cathartic experience is being had by calling everything and everyone bent. I thought it was a pen, I still think it’s a pen and I will always think it’s a pen.

Fuck off Jenas, how the fuck can they watch that in real time with the speed that ball was travelling at and say "he had time to move his arm".

Cheers m8 i try. Not sure why you are being a pro ref warrior instead of enjoying the 3-2 win, thought the ref was a **** tonight but we should be winning regardless, which we did, so onwards and upwards and fuck the haters.
I’m anything but pro ref. I’m just not blinded by bias and calling it exactly as I see it.

It might have helped the BT Otamendi penalty discussion if they’d played it a normal speed as well as slow motion. At normal speed it would have been much easier to judge whether he had time to move his arm out of the way. Peter Walton seemed to base his opinion on the slow motion only.

If he'd left his arm in the same position as it was when the player strikes the ball it would still have hit his hand. So he's clearly trying to move his hand out of the way of the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.