Schalke Post Match Thread

His mam and dad must be soooooo proud
jean-alexander-hilda-ogden.jpg
Sexy lady. He’s a lucky man.

I think the reason City were slow at the start was to take the initial Schalke energy out of the game.First 20 mins they would be “up for it”but the enthusiasm soon evaporated.If they had scored in the first few mins,it would have had been a very different atmosphere.

I think the reason City were slow at the start was to take the initial Schalke energy out of the game.First 20 mins they would be “up for it”but the enthusiasm soon evaporated.If they had scored in the first few mins,it would have had been a very different atmosphere.
If that's true then someone should have told Pep the plan going off his post match interview.

Just watched Cheesie's vlog. His first match was the semi v Schalke at Maine Road in 1970. I remember it well - City's nervy start against a supposedly strong Schalke who had a 1-0 lead from Germany, before City hit them with 3 before half time and eventually won 5-1. Schalke certainly can't enjoy their visits to Manchester and ar probably hoping it's the best part of 50 years before they have to come again!

Just watched Cheesie's vlog. His first match was the semi v Schalke at Maine Road in 1970. I remember it well - City's nervy start against a supposedly strong Schalke who had a 1-0 lead from Germany, before City hit them with 3 before half time and eventually won 5-1. Schalke certainly can't enjoy their visits to Manchester and ar probably hoping it's the best part of 50 years before they have to come again!

I was only 11 and couldn't go on my own so I checked the score on the TV news. They announced it as City 1 -Shalke 5 before correcting it. Can't remember which channel it was but suspect it was the BBC.

It looks good but Captain Pugwash does come to mind.
The traditional booing of the anthem sounded loud as well.

Hey! We kept a clean sheet.

No Seaman Staines whatsoever :p

Last edited:
I was only 11 and couldn't go on my own so I checked the score on the TV news. They announced it as City 1 -Shalke 5 before correcting it. Can't remember which channel it was but suspect it was the BBC.

I think it was Granada. When I got home my dad told me that he was really downhearted because he couldn't come with us to the match because of his shifts. He'd watched the telly and they kept getting score updates across the bottom of the screen - the first was apparently "City 0 Schalke 2", then "half-time City 0 Schalke 3". Only on his way to work did he put the radio on and hear that City were showing why they were considered to be one of the best teams in Europe and favourites for the competition!

I think it was Granada. When I got home my dad told me that he was really downhearted because he couldn't come with us to the match because of his shifts. He'd watched the telly and they kept getting score updates across the bottom of the screen - the first was apparently "City 0 Schalke 2", then "half-time City 0 Schalke 3". Only on his way to work did he put the radio on and hear that City were showing why they were considered to be one of the best teams in Europe and favourites for the competition!

Thanks. Good to know I'm not going senile

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.