Scholes: I'm worried that City are ahead at youth level

BlueTG said:
He still has to get a dig in at our wages doesn't he?

Because United have never paid anyone more money than any another team in the football league, have they?

They have the highest wage bill in football now apparently.

That could easily be a liverpool player from 70's to mid 80's going on about how they were better than utd.
Not the story verbatim but the general misty eyed yearning for yesteryear.

I love it !

City ahead at youth level ? We are ahead at every level , the only superior aspect yooonited have is their "fan" base , firstly created on the back of an tragic air disaster , and then developed through asia / middles east , thanks to sky's involvement. What the rags do not understand is the fairweather shirt buyers , will soon desert their club , and attach themselves to whoever is winning trophies , were as we are extending our stadium , opening the best academy in the world regularly winning the premiership and competing in the chumps league , and expanding our global support . ADUG is building a football empire for the next 25 years , and we arent going anywhere.
Noisy neighbours ? Not in my lifetime ................. isnt karma a woman

Timperley_blue said:
Neville Kneville said:
Don't understand the comments about 'small number of kids' or 'casting the net wider'.

Surely City will have more kids at the academy than Utd, as they have more places available ?

Also, the experience of my mate's lad at Utd, was the absolute polar opposite of what is described here.

What I mean by that is that City seem to be putting a huge amount of resources into a very small number of boys (Heskey, Van Persie, Neville, Savage kids among them) while almost treating the many other boys as peripheral figures - as if 'oh, we need some lads to play with our best kids, I suppose these will do'. It doesn't raise the aspirations of the many boys that they have at development centres or the others which train at the Academy.
By contrast, United seem more open to the idea that any of the many boys they have could develop into a top player - as such, I have personally seen more kids develop at a faster rate there than I have at City.

Don't get me wrong, the coaching is top class at both clubs and my lad is fortunate to receive a 'money can't buy' experience at both. The ethos, when we are talking about little boys just appears to be quite different.

Ok cheers.

My mate would give you 100% opposite argument on that & by coinicidence has just left the house after giving me about 2 hours details on what an absolute shower Utd's people are, & how they wasted so much of his lad's time by purely using him to make up the numbers, whilst they coached their favourites & how nobody cared how well he played, & some didn't even know who he was, after he'd just played a full game & in the general opinion of other kids' parents, been man of the match. He was a bit older tbf, but that kind of makes it worse imo.

The media always went on about how Scholes was the quiet man when he played. How we all wished it had remained that way as he spouts utter shite in a monotonous voice filled with bile. How anyone thought it would be a good idea to pay this thick twat to be a pundit I don't know!

paulchapo said:
How anyone thought it would be a good idea to pay this thick twat to be a pundit I don't know!
He's probably short a few bob for his pension, bless him.. We all know United players don't get paid, they play for the badge, the history etc. etc..

In what area are the rags superior? First team? No. Development? No. Academy? No. Management? No.

The only area where they can beat us is sponsorships, global fanbase and attendance. And with all three of those gaps narrowing, their time is fading into the past like Liverpool's did. Same with Arse. They know it and formulated FFP in desperation to stave off the inevitable. See how well that worked? Lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.