Scholes: I'm worried that City are ahead at youth level

Very interesting thread this. I should have thought that, given the long odds on a child becoming a Premier League player, finding those exceptional players would have to be a numbers game, a bit like panning for gold.

The alternative approach would mean expending a great deal of resource on a few players hoping that one of them makes it. I'd have thought that was a very risky strategy.

As regards the rag academy, I'd be concerned that, in the event they do discover a player, they'll play him into early middle age rather than give youngsters a chance. We've seen it before.

I don't know a lot about United's academy, but my girlfriend has two younger brothers playing in ours - one was in Rome with the EDS.

Our young players are unbelievable, and we are playing a few of them 2 or 3 years above their current age. I'm 100% sure we will see at least 2 or three first team regulars promoted in the next 5 years and we would have made over £15m from selling others.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.