Scholes, ITV disgrace

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Is this the level we've come too?

Blame everyone apart from ourselves? Fuck the excuses for not being there tonight, I'm sick of hearing the shit spouted on here to justify their decision not to go and support the lads. Everyone who normally goes but didn't bother tonight is the reason Scholes had us on toast tonight. its your fault not his.

For all you conspiracy theorists who think we are being stitched up let me draw you another scenario. Scholes and ITV turn up tonight to find a packed stadium with a hostile atmosphere that drives the team on to a glorious victory. How much fun would Scholes have had then?

I had 8 rows of empty seats in front of me as I watched from my season ticket in tier 3 of the East stand. Disgrace. "We've not taken to it", "the ticket prices", "I can't afford it", PATHETIC. Are our fans really the poorest people in football? Really?, the scoucers who have fuck all will sell out every CL match. It was the crowd who dragged them over the line in their last game in the CL.

Tonight we had no crowd, hence no atmosphere and no passion. Sheikh Mansour must wonder why he bothered.

Either support City or don't. Get to the game, forget the excuses, find a way, and make yourself heard. Period.
Some good points if you actually believe the competition is worth supporting.

I go to the home games as I love MCFC but frankly hate everything about the CL.

1. It was created by the very rich to perpetuate their dominance,.
2. It is the most badly named competition ever.
3. Pot 1 contains teams that have not even won their domestic leagues the previous year.
4. The draw is rigged to suit UEFA and the TV companies.
5. The match officials are awful.
6. They have seats given over to sponsors, media etc.
7. You can't have your own pre-match or half time entertainment.
8. Main sponsor is a brewer but you can't have a drink - how hypocritical is that.

I am not surprised that we have not embraced it UEFA don't want us and City fans are not stupid.

mick10 said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:

Blame everyone apart from ourselves? Fuck the excuses for not being there tonight, I'm sick of hearing the shit spouted on here to justify their decision not to go and support the lads. Everyone who normally goes but didn't bother tonight is the reason Scholes had us on toast tonight. its your fault not his.

For all you conspiracy theorists who think we are being stitched up let me draw you another scenario. Scholes and ITV turn up tonight to find a packed stadium with a hostile atmosphere that drives the team on to a glorious victory. How much fun would Scholes have had then?

I had 8 rows of empty seats in front of me as I watched from my season ticket in tier 3 of the East stand. Disgrace. "We've not taken to it", "the ticket prices", "I can't afford it", PATHETIC. Are our fans really the poorest people in football? Really?, the scoucers who have fuck all will sell out every CL match. It was the crowd who dragged them over the line in their last game in the CL.

Tonight we had no crowd, hence no atmosphere and no passion. Sheikh Mansour must wonder why he bothered.

Either support City or don't. Get to the game, forget the excuses, find a way, and make yourself heard. Period.
This is a good post and hard to disagree with. However the original point is about Scholes and his obvious loyalties and dislike of City. No one's blaming him on the defeat but it's worth the point about his clear bias against City ( I thought the ginger twat was ready to burst out laughing!)and why, and how ITV saw fit to bring the tramp in as a pundit for this game??? He has no wish to give any praise or plaudits to City as a team or club, and Lee Dixon who is a blue is much to professional to tell him to 'just fuck up!!' Never mind the fact Scholes is an ex dyed in the wool red (Oldham.......never) and as a pundit is absolutely awful.Should never have been on that show for that match. He enjoyed that result just slightly less than a defeat. He really is a hateful fucker.

On the contrary, it is an absolute constable of a post and it's easy to disagree with. A Deloitte Touché survey in 2012 revealed City's fan base as the second poorest in the Premiership in terms of disposable income per head, behind only Wigan, and now that the Pie Eaters have sunk beneath the waves, it's only the presence of Burnley that keeps us out of bottom place.
It isn't that the game itself was hugely expensive in isolation, but on the back of Stoke (£55), Hull (£45) etc etc, there is bound to be a sizeable percentage of City fans that simply cannot afford it, and the arrogance of someone suggesting they should go anyway and to hell with the financial consequences gets my goat. My seat (season ticket North Stand) was unoccupied as it always is for midweekers, because it would have involved a 500 mile round trip, an overnight stay, 2 days off work, and about £150 to fill it. I haven't got that sort of money to waste on a competition run by a bunch of c**ts that hate us anyway unfortunately. As far as I'm concerned, Mr PP's Tash is due a Withnailian 'shove it up your arse for nothing, and fuck off while you're doing it'.........

oakiecokie said:
lyonfish said:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't read the whole thread), the official capacity of the ground is 48k, but we loose a few hundred seats due to segragation, then this season we've lost about an extra 3k or so because of the building work, on top of this the capacity has to be reduced still further for champions league games as the larger pitchside screens mean we can't use the first three or four rows, by my reconing that's about another 4k, the official attendence of 37.5k means we were probably only about 3k short of a sell out.

On CL nights the capacity is more likely to be approx.43,000,so we are 6000 down.

You need to earn basic arithmetic.
43 000 + 6 000 = 49 000.

The record attendance at Etihad is just over 47 300, so you're well out.

jrb said:
It's clear Scholes and Ferdinand have a very selective memory. Or no memory at all.

Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand slammed the Etihad atmosphere... do they remember Old Trafford's 'prawn sandwich brigade' and United selling cut-price tickets to kids?

hbrsJQX.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2776547/Paul-Scholes-Rio-Ferdinand-selective-memories-slamming-Etihad-atmosphere.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... phere.html</a>

Newcastle 2012 League cup ( and compulsory cup scheme)
Attendance - 46,358 Capacity - 75 , 635 ( how many empty seats ?)

Gray said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:

Some good points if you actually believe the competition is worth supporting.

I go to the home games as I love MCFC but frankly hate everything about the CL.

1. It was created by the very rich to perpetuate their dominance,.
2. It is the most badly named competition ever.
3. Pot 1 contains teams that have not even won their domestic leagues the previous year.
4. The draw is rigged to suit UEFA and the TV companies.
5. The match officials are awful.
6. They have seats given over to sponsors, media etc.
7. You can't have your own pre-match or half time entertainment.
8. Main sponsor is a brewer but you can't have a drink - how hypocritical is that.

I am not surprised that we have not embraced it UEFA don't want us and City fans are not stupid.

Feel exactly the same as you Gray about the Champions League and also about supporting your team.
Enjoy Premier league games far more with the build up etc. but bottom line for me is I support City and will watch them live whenever I can in whatever competition.

Although it's ludicrous that he should be invited as a pundit, he does say some hard truths.

However, he is a prick, so he shouldn't be allowed to be a pundit on our games via ITV.

I've submitted a complaint with Ofcom ... I think some other blues have done the same.

Lets get this ginger twat of the TV!!

In terms of the atmosphere, it would help if the away fans section was moved up to the third tier, possibly after the expansion, and put a dedicated singing section in the bottom tier joining the south sound and the old kippax stand.

Blueknows said:

Usual crap about empty seats , Too much money , mercenaries etc. Camel gob had his usual dig. In my view 37,000 gate seemed pretty reasonable – also the capacity wasn’t 10,000 down – the current capacity is around 45,500. Wish they would get their facts right.
1) Roma were underestimated by City fans , 2) match was live on ITV. Most of City support are from the ‘working class’ – with kids it now costs a packet to go to the Etihad. The rags have a supposedly 600 bn fans – don’t they?.around the world……and 3) I think Pellers got the tactics wrong.
Still we will take it on the chin – and we have time. I seem to remember the Rags went into Europe in 1956/7
and they won the European cup in 1968. – 11/12 years.later. What I did not accept on last night’s highlights show with Matt Smith(?) was the foreign euro. expert was saying Chelsea and the Rags took 7 years to win it. – ???
The atmosphere was produced by the away Roma fans – but that is expected. See how many Sheff. Weds. fans
6,000 turned up for ‘their cup final’. A few years back in the Europa cup against Hamburg the atmosphere was fantastic – ticket prices was £5 per ticket. – sold out in 4 hours.

Vienna_70 said:
oakiecokie said:
lyonfish said:
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet (I haven't read the whole thread), the official capacity of the ground is 48k, but we loose a few hundred seats due to segragation, then this season we've lost about an extra 3k or so because of the building work, on top of this the capacity has to be reduced still further for champions league games as the larger pitchside screens mean we can't use the first three or four rows, by my reconing that's about another 4k, the official attendence of 37.5k means we were probably only about 3k short of a sell out.

On CL nights the capacity is more likely to be approx.43,000,so we are 6000 down.

You need to earn basic arithmetic.
43 000 + 6 000 = 49 000.

The record attendance at Etihad is just over 47 300, so you're well out.

Get your abacus board out !! We are currently operating at a drop of just over 45000 for League Games due to the extension.We lose out on approx another 2000 seats for CL games due to the Advertising Boards and Fan Segregation.
We had only 37.500 on Tuesday so deduct that from 43,000 and it gives you what ??
Taxi for Vienna or should that be Taxi to Vienna ? ;)

Bluep*ss said:
Blueknows said:

Usual crap about empty seats , Too much money , mercenaries etc. Camel gob had his usual dig. In my view 37,000 gate seemed pretty reasonable – also the capacity wasn’t 10,000 down – the current capacity is around 45,500. Wish they would get their facts right.
1) Roma were underestimated by City fans , 2) match was live on ITV. Most of City support are from the ‘working class’ – with kids it now costs a packet to go to the Etihad. The rags have a supposedly 600 bn fans – don’t they?.around the world……and 3) I think Pellers got the tactics wrong.
Still we will take it on the chin – and we have time. I seem to remember the Rags went into Europe in 1956/7
and they won the European cup in 1968. – 11/12 years.later. What I did not accept on last night’s highlights show with Matt Smith(?) was the foreign euro. expert was saying Chelsea and the Rags took 7 years to win it. – ???
The atmosphere was produced by the away Roma fans – but that is expected. See how many Sheff. Weds. fans
6,000 turned up for ‘their cup final’. A few years back in the Europa cup against Hamburg the atmosphere was fantastic – ticket prices was £5 per ticket. – sold out in 4 hours.

For CL we also lose another 2000 seats so the top capacity is no more than 43,500.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.