Scholes, ITV disgrace

It would appear that City's record attendance is 47,434 against QPR-------------Sergioooooooooooooooooo.
The press always say our capacity is 48,000 but elsewhere some say 47,705 .
As mentioned above - because of segregation of fans - in the Premier League - we cannot get a complete sell out.
With CL matches - again as mentioned previously - The capacity for the Europa Cup final a few years back - Rangers vs. Zenit - was set at 44,000

Bluep*ss said:
It would appear that City's record attendance is 47,434 against QPR-------------Sergioooooooooooooooooo.
As mentioned above - because of segregation of fans - in the Premier League - we cannot get a complete sell out.
With CL matches - again as mentioned previously - The capacity for the Europa Cup final a few years back - Rangers vs. Zenit - was set at 44,000

Dont forget that for the time being we have there or there abouts only 45,000 for PL games due to the extension,so we also lose another near 2000 front seats etc for the advertising boards which are set by UEFA at a certain height.I would still guesstimate that its only 43,500 max for CL games.

Why is everyone so irate??

As with everything we are doing we will have the last laugh. By the time the stadium is fully expanded our non-corporate gate receipts will be so insignificant that I guarantee the club will price it to sell out. Once the collar site is finished it will be even better.

You can see now with the value season tickets that prices will drop when the capacity goes up. At the moment, we need to wring every penny from tickets due to Farcical Fair Play. I have every faith that wont be the case going forward and I look forward to the day when our ground is rocking with 60,000 plus who have all paid a fair amount to get in to watch the greatest team on the planet.

My only reservation (not worry) is the corporate will be half empty like Wembley.

Petrovs left peg said:

As with everything we are doing we will have the last laugh. By the time the stadium is fully expanded our non-corporate gate receipts will be so insignificant that I guarantee the club will price it to sell out. Once the collar site is finished it will be even better.

You can see now with the value season tickets that prices will drop when the capacity goes up. At the moment, we need to wring every penny from tickets due to Farcical Fair Play. I have every faith that wont be the case going forward and I look forward to the day when our ground is rocking with 60,000 plus who have all paid a fair amount to get in to watch the greatest team on the planet.

My only reservation (not worry) is the corporate will be half empty like Wembley.

I honestly don`t know where and why you think this would happen ???

oakiecokie said:
Bluep*ss said:

Dont forget that for the time being we have there or there abouts only 45,000 for PL games due to the extension,so we also lose another near 2000 front seats etc for the advertising boards which are set by UEFA at a certain height.I would still guesstimate that its only 43,500 max for CL games.

I agree with you. PL this year - Liverpool Monday night - 45,471. Stoke Saturday - 45,622. Chelsea 4-00pm Sunday - 45,602.
CL - capacity would be less than 44,00. probably as you say 43,500

oakiecokie said:
Petrovs left peg said:

I honestly don`t know where and why you think this would happen ???

Its just my view to be honest. There cannot be anyone at the club who would sanction a ground expansion without having answered the question of how to fill it? The supply / demand will ultimately define it but the club wont just sit around with potentially 20,000 empty seats for a CL game.
It may not be every game but I am pretty much convinced that the strategy for increasing matchday revenue will be around 1. Corporate and 2. filling the stadium and picking up impulse business around the stadium (especially the collar site). We have seen the first stab at it with City square - bringing in revenue that used to be taken elsewhere (pubs etc). If the general consensus is that the club are looking to generate revenue from pre and post match facilities then getting people to the ground in the first place is paramount. That's why I believe tickets will either come down or at least be held free of inflation.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What difference does the capacity make to the crowd on Tuesday?

I must admit, I was wondering that. Also using United having 45K for their league cup match against whomever it was as evidence - just because it's a bigger stadium doesn't mean it's a smaller attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.