Scholes, ITV disgrace

kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Except you never see former Blues on the TV.

There's a reason for that though and if we're prepared to be a bit objective we know why that is - pundits need to be well known in the mainstream, i.e. beyond the supporter base of the club they player for.

Frankly, I'm not that arsed by what he had to say, and I'm not sure what the upside to letters of complaint are - unless the writer wants to confirm to the producers that they picked the right pundit to garner attention....

Seems a bit small time to still be getting het up about this. Perhaps time to move on....?

Like Joe Royle for example ?

Possibly - but I'm not sure joe would hit the target demographic of a peak viewing time itv audience. I'm 38 and I only know him as a manager.

There is of course Niall Quinn on sky, but it's often easy to forget he played for us when you listen to what he says...

J4FOW said:
kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:
There's a reason for that though and if we're prepared to be a bit objective we know why that is - pundits need to be well known in the mainstream, i.e. beyond the supporter base of the club they player for.

Frankly, I'm not that arsed by what he had to say, and I'm not sure what the upside to letters of complaint are - unless the writer wants to confirm to the producers that they picked the right pundit to garner attention....

Seems a bit small time to still be getting het up about this. Perhaps time to move on....?

Possibly - but I'm not sure joe would hit the target demographic of a peak viewing time itv audience. I'm 38 and I only know him as a manager.

There is of course Niall Quinn on sky, but it's often easy to forget he played for us when you listen to what he says...

Add the c... Hamann to the list

J4FOW said:
kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:

The point is anyone who can speak well and be unbiased but not an ex rag who hates us with a passion and cannot wait to have a dig.

kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:
kippaxblue76 said:

The point is anyone who can speak well and be unbiased but not an ex rag who hates us with a passion and cannot wait to have a dig.

I understand that's your point mate and for what it's worth I agree, not just for City games but any match. The reality is that any controversy and associated publicity is preferable to itv.

This is what comes with following a high profile club. For 30 years it's a problem I never thought I'd have so I'm fine with it. Plus I was at the match so didn't have to listen to him anyway (which isn't a pop at anyone who wasn't)

J4FOW said:
kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:

I understand that's your point mate and for what it's worth I agree, not just for City games but any match. The reality is that any controversy and associated publicity is preferable to itv.

This is what comes with following a high profile club. For 30 years it's a problem I never thought I'd have so I'm fine with it. Plus I was at the match so didn't have to listen to him anyway (which isn't a pop at anyone who wasn't)

Fair enough if it does not bother you. The night after on ITV 4 Spurs and Everton were on, Tim Sherwood and Les Ferdinand on from Spurs, Kevin Ratcliffe for Everton, we get Scholes.

kippaxblue76 said:
J4FOW said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
Except you never see former Blues on the TV.

You gotta be kidding. Nice bloke but I'd rather listen to paint dry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.