School holidays, fines going up for absence

I had this discussion at home, now my daughter is going to high school they do lots of trips in fact she went to Paris only last year with school. Now if she doesn’t want to go on a £1500 skiing trip with school can I on that week take her on holiday ? I bet the answer from school is no.
Paris will be educational you see, my lad went to the States for snowboarding and basketball games not sure how that ties in with anything but I'm sure all including the teachers had a great time.

I got Eyam and very wet.

Imagine teachers breaking out the colour code charts from the naughty drawer when little Jonny swans in a week late looking like George Hamilton the 4th.
I've signed myself off a week with stress Miss, doc said a week arsing about on water slides and drinking chocolate and Vanilla cocktails would do me the world of good so he did.

Paris will be educational you see, my lad went to the States for snowboarding and basketball games not sure how that ties in with anything but I'm sure all including the teachers had a great time.

I got Eyam and very wet.
Tenby in the pissing rain for me

Kid comes back week later great tan and no chance they aint telling their mates about the holiday.
Especially when he gives all his class mates a T-shirt saying ‘My friend went to Benidorm and all I got was this shitty shirt’ and the teacher a donkey wearing a sombrero.

I've taken my daughter away twice on term time. Spoke to the headteacher first and explained where she was going and what we was doing. By the end of the conversation he was asking if he could come! Have friends that have done the same. It's fully at the schools discretion and if you're honest with them they usually play fair.

How can they prove an absence if you just ring them in sick for the week? Lot of worrying about nothing going on in here.
I remember a teaching assistant trying that one on but then told a friend who also worked at the school..... the TA was 'sick' one day before the holiday and three days after....

From what I heard the school found out, she got a disciplinary hearing, lost her pay for those days, and a written warning.

Plus you would be totally amazed about what the school hierarchy find out about what goes on out of school. Kids don't always mean to tell tales but sometimes inadvertently do so!! ;-)
So you could take your kids out, tell the school they are ill and another child, maybe their best friend or neighbour says oh yes Mabel has gone on holiday Miss/Sir when their name is called in the register!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.