School holidays, fines going up for absence

Up to the age of 14 there should be grace given for school holidays. I remember going into class on the first day of term in year 10 and the teacher saying that everything up to this point wasn’t important and the last 2 years were the only thing that counts.
If that’s the case then a few days here and there out of term time shouldn’t be an issue.
Ive said the same once she starts her GCSEs or whatever they are called these days then I think it’s fair game but those last two years she needs to do as much as possible.

I had this discussion at home, now my daughter is going to high school they do lots of trips in fact she went to Paris only last year with school. Now if she doesn’t want to go on a £1500 skiing trip with school can I on that week take her on holiday ? I bet the answer from school is no.

I bet loads of people can vouch for your experience mate, they say travel broadens the horizons but obviously only school/govt sanctioned travel.

If you want to have the benefits of a rich education where you can do what you want you need to find the equivalent of an average wage for each of your children for a school tie.

Wonder how people would feel if their child's teacher went on holiday for 2 weeks in September to get a cheaper holiday

That's a good point, we need to employ more teachers, either way a child's parents deciding to broaden their children's horizons shouldn't effect the teachers employment should it?

Wonder how people would feel if their child's teacher went on holiday for 2 weeks in September to get a cheaper holiday
That’s the nature of their job though and they know that, if you allowed schools to change the holidays around apart from core times, those teachers could have cheaper holidays as well.

That would just be being greedy. The 12 weeks a year they get should be sufficient enough to get some sunshine.

I do get it’s the flip side to the argument though in fairness.

Just put yourself and your child down as a Gypsy or Traveller, their kids only need to do 200 educational sessions by law each year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.