Scotland at the Euros

Well here we are, it's been 23 years since we graced a big tournament, a long time, right up there with waiting to be connected with your bank on the phone under covid. This thread is for the small band of us glorious Scots, who bring light and happiness to this fine forum. I have no doubt too, that many of our English friends will pop in to give support and love. Especially if we do a Scotland and fuck ourselves up from a position of strength.

How do I think we will get on? Well, being there is the main thing, obviously, but I am actually quite excited about our chances. We have a number of excellent players, sadly none up front, which unless they start hitting the target, will mean we create chances but miss most of them. We are usually blessed with at least one good striker, but not now, the best I can say about them is they are hard-working. Pish, but hard working, so I hope they read this and decide to shut me the fuck up. I will be delighted if they do.

The first game will be key, at home to the Czechs. A win will set us up, then it's down to Wembley against the much fancied(England only) English. We know on paper we shouldn't have a chance. Will be written off. Just the way we like it. One thing we all know, we will take you on. One ray of hope is Southgate and who he picks. I'm not convinced his selection will be his best and he will go safe initially and reduce England's potency. Here's hoping he makes a **** of it and we benefit from that. He can get it right, after us. Anything but a really good win against us will be a hammer blow. But, enough of my wishful thinking. We will raise our game against England and fight like fuck, of that there is no doubt, and if our better players can create space and chances, you never know.

I have hope we go through, even as a third place team, I would rip your arm out of its socket for that. But, mostly I will be just happy to be there.

I hope everyone enjoys it and we see some great games. To my fellow glorious Scots, how are you feeling? Do you think we can qualify? How drunk will you get if we get something against the Sassenachs? And so on.

Come on Scotland, it's been a long time, the country, well most of it, is right behind you. Give your all as a minimum and you just never know. Good luck lads. Get fucking stuck in.
I think Clarke has put together a very decent, hard to beat side (famous last words). He's a good tournament manager and I don’t think teams will enjoy playing us too much. I'm under no illusions about us being dark horses or anything like that, but if we can win the first match and England only draw with Croatia it will make the game against the auld enemy very interesting. There will no doubt be some calamitous fuck up or heartbreak along the way, it's Scotland!

I think Clarke has put together a very decent, hard to beat side (famous last words). He's a good tournament manager and I don’t think teams will enjoy playing us too much. I'm under no illusions about us being dark horses or anything like that, but if we can win the first match and England only draw with Croatia it will make the game against the auld enemy very interesting. There will no doubt be some calamitous fuck up or heartbreak along the way, it's Scotland!
Exactly. We know how we can fuck it up, we are covered in the scars, but, we always think, maybe this time. And that's just to get out of the fucking group. :).

You sure?...i stand corrected....it;s just that many of them were wearing exactly the same gear as the scamps on the wembley goalposts..
A different mentality with the Scottish fans. They just want to have a great time. If they were the same, there would be literally hundreds of riots the amount of times we have been handed our arse and made a **** of it.

A different mentality with the Scottish fans. They just want to have a great time. If they were the same, there would be literally hundreds of riots the amount of times we have been handed our arse and made a **** of it.
ya need mad skills to make a **** oot ay an erse.....
Wish Scotland nothing but the best....go get em.

following on from the 1695 expedition to establish a New Caledonia, a colony on the Isthmus of Panama...lead to a lot of unpleasantness that....still not got yer house keys back.
Kudos for knowing a bit of our history, not our finest moment.

You're probably right. Just like England then these last 20 years getting handed your arse. . Apart from Italy, you have done fuck all. And that's from a team who should. Nobody expects us to do fuck all, not even us. That's the difference. Every tourney we hear the same pish from the usual suspects, you're going to win it. You haven't a hope of that either imo. And guess who will be more fucked off if we go out first phase and you don't win it? a wee hint, it won't be us .
Sorry to rattle your cage and I agree England always flatter to deceive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.