Scotland - Does anyone go?

Love Scotland.
Stayed up there 18 times in the last 5 yrs and find the scenery stunning.
Me and Mrs Kippax are seriously considering moving up there to enjoy are wind down years together, probably in Perthshire

To be honest I used to love the cold of the North especially Germany and Scandinavia. Too many years of living down south now, I struggle much more with the cold as I get older. Went to East Sussex recently and had to buy a coat and gloves.
To be fair, that wasn't because you were cold, you'd just forgot where you had put them.

Prefer it to anywhere else in the U.K. tbh. Glasgow one of my favourite cities and spend time there as and when I get chance. Love the hustle and bustle of the place and if I’m after a bit of peace and quiet I’ve a little place in the isle of Whithorn which is a pretty breathtaking hidden gem which requires a drive through some of the most stunning scenery in Europe.
Scotland is ace.

Glencoe is stunning. We stayed in a suite at Glencoe House Hotel last year, it’s lovely and very handily placed for hiking up Ben Nevis, sea kayaking, etc, the usual tourist stuff. It’s also close to what they call the most scenic drive in the UK, where the fictional Skyfall Manor was set in the Bond film.

I was up there last year visiting family in Ayrshire. As a history buff found time to go to Bannockburn and Stirling Castle. Two more off the Bucket list.
Borders are great too especially Melrose.

I’ve worked all over the place for years and still get a buzz when I’m headed back . Some great places to visit .
Id done a few trips to Skye and last year persuaded the wife and daughter to come for a weeks holiday . Great timing as it was in the middle of the heatwave at the beginning of June. Everywhere that is, except Skye and the NW of Scotland where it pissed down for a week , more or less non stop. Blew a gale most days too.
We hired a lovely house with amazing views which we only saw on the day we left to come back home .
They have both refused to go back this year :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.