Scotland Independance Referendum

We're Manchester born & bred but have been up here for 20 years plus. All the Scots at work are dead set against it however Salmond was really sneaky in getting the 16 & 17 year olds the vote (I'm sorry but most of them couldn't tie their own shoelaces) which could be the wildcard.
I'm confident that it'll be a 'No' vote however if the unthinkable happens then first off we'll move all our bank accounts, ISA's ect to an English bank and then most likely follow them back down south.
They can then rot in their own juices.

ColinLee said:
We're Manchester born & bred but have been up here for 20 years plus. All the Scots at work are dead set against it however Salmond was really sneaky in getting the 16 & 17 year olds the vote (I'm sorry but most of them couldn't tie their own shoelaces) which could be the wildcard.
I'm confident that it'll be a 'No' vote however if the unthinkable happens then first off we'll move all our bank accounts, ISA's ect to an English bank and then most likely follow them back down south.

So you are quite happy to live and work in Scotland as a 'foreigner', but would throw the dummy out of the pram and head back to England if those born and bred there voted for independence?
Some folk would call this hypocrisy.
And they would be right.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
ColinLee said:

So you are quite happy to live and work in Scotland as a 'foreigner', but would throw the dummy out of the pram and head back to England if those born and bred there voted for independence?
And they would be right.

Not sure I agree with that.

If Colin Lee is an economic migrant then he is being perfectly consistent by leaving Scotland if it is in his economic interests to do. Just like some Polish migrants have returned from the UK to Poland because it makes financial sense.

If he was supporting Scottish independence but then returned to England following a yes vote he would be a hypocrite.

chabal said:
ColinLee said:

And they would be right.

If Colin Lee is an economic migrant then he is being perfectly consistent by leaving Scotland if it is in his economic interests to do. Just like some Polish migrants have returned from the UK to Poland because it makes financial sense.

If he was supporting Scottish independence but then returned to England following a yes vote he would be a hypocrite.

Of course it's hypocrisy - 'I'm happy to live with these idiots who can't tie their shoelaces just so long as they keep paying my wages and don't harbour daft delusions of autonomy, because then I'll be off, even though it probably won't affect me one iota anyway'.
How the fuck would a Scottish parliament make any difference financially?
Do you have a fucking beard, by any chance?

chabal said:
And they would be right.

Of course it's hypocrisy - 'I'm happy to live with these idiots who can't tie their shoelaces just so long as they keep paying my wages and don't harbour daft delusions of autonomy, because then I'll be off, even though it probably won't affect me one iota anyway'.

I used to have a beard and indeed got married whilst sporting a beard which, in retrospect, was a fucking catastrophe because every time someone visits the house and sees the framed wedding photo they say to Mrs Chabal "Now then, who does your husband remind me of? Oh Yes, The Yorkshire Rip......" trails off into awkward silence.

If ColinLee believes that Scottish independence will impact negatively upon the Scottish economy (and he is not the only one who think this) then he is acting rationally in wanting to repatriate himself.

Criticising the Scots now for being beard toting ginger barbarians whilst happily taking their money does seem a bit hypocritical I agree,

Now don't argue with me. I've just glanced at my wedding photo - those eyes, that beard (and no, I'm not talking about Mrs Chabal)..I'm beginning to hear voices. It's God - he's talking to me - pick up a screwdriver he's saying........................

ColinLee said:

And they would be right.

And some folk would call it being sensible.

TGR said:
ColinLee said:

And they would be right.

And some folk would call it being sensible.

Do you currently sport, or have you ever sported, a beard?

chabal said:
And they would be right.

What a load of bollocks you just sprouted. For a start the 'can't tie their own shoelaces' comment was directed at 16 & 17 year olds which is true and the reason Salmond got them the vote because they're much more susceptible to voting 'Yes' without an earthly as to why they do.
If you'd read my entire post you'd have seen that I stated all (and I mean ALL) adult Scots where I work are voting 'No'.
I moved up here for work a long time ago and obviously know a lot more about the average SNP member than yourself. Try reading up on the news about how the SNP think they're keeping the pound regardless if the rest of the UK says you can't keep it. They have absolutely no plan 'B' since they first were going to vote for the Euro but have jumped ship since the Euro Zone crisis and are trying to pretend that it never was in their plans.

So you can stuff the hypocrisy jibe up your arse and swivel, dick for brains.

ColinLee said:
chabal said:

What a load of bollocks you just sprouted. For a start the 'can't tie their own shoelaces' comment was directed at 16 & 17 year olds which is true and the reason Salmond got them the vote because they're much more susceptible to voting 'Yes' without an earthly as to why they do.
If you'd read my entire post you'd have seen that I stated all (and I mean ALL) adult Scots where I work are voting 'No'.
I moved up here for work a long time ago and obviously know a lot more about the average SNP member than yourself. Try reading up on the news about how the SNP think they're keeping the pound regardless if the rest of the UK says you can't keep it. They have absolutely no plan 'B' since they first were going to vote for the Euro but have jumped ship since the Euro Zone crisis and are trying to pretend that it never was in their plans.

So you can stuff the hypocrisy jibe up your arse and swivel, dick for brains.

Little Englander hypocrite.
I would imagine most 17 year olds still possess more intelligence than you.
Who gives a fuck how the folk you work with vote?
Is that supposed to reflect the wishes of the entire population of Scotland?
You're just an economic parasite - happy to take the money when it suits.
So get your map out and find another country to pay your bills until they outrageously consider deciding their own fate, you joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.