Scotland Independance Referendum

Love how they accuse the UK politicians as "bullying" them with the Pound. Did they seriously think they could have their cake and eat it too? Talk about taking the piss. If they want independence so bad then they get everything that comes with it which means their own currency, taking their share of the debt, no more hand outs from the rest of the UK they go it alone.

If they get the yes vote then turkeys really do vote for christmas and we'll be ready with the cranberry sauce.

Ducado said:
Balti said:
So an independent Scotland tries to insist that taxpayers in a nation it has just voted to leave have to continue to back the currency of this new foreign country and consider the welfare of this foreign country when setting interest rates etc. Also to insure the banks of this foreign country and to insure the foreign government if it needs support with its public spending etc.

Yeah right, fuck off. You are free to leave but not to impose terms on those that you are choosing to leave.

Walk away from UK and walk away from UK currency/ banking system. Good luck with that.

It seems to be the key plank of the SNP's economic policies, I am not sure the Scottish electorate have realised just how serious this is, and good of the 3 main parties to actually make a stand, you want to break away from the Union, you break away from the Union and stand on your own two feet

Absolutely.

There is no precedent for countries that break up to keep the same currencies. All the former Soviet republics have their own currencies as do the former Yugoslav and Czechoslovakian republics. The break up of all of these countries involved incredibly long protracted negotiations to decide what to do with the national debt and all came to agreements based on an equitable solution in accordance with the 1983 Vienna convention. From what I can gather only Russia took on the debt from the Soviet Union but they also took on all the liquid assets. However, if Russia defaulted, they would all still be responsible for the debt. They all still ended up with their own currencies though. If the Scottish Nationalists believe they can unilaterally declare a currency union and keep the pound or give up responsibility for their share of the debt they are incredibly naive. I suspect they can't be so clueless to actually believe this but are trying to convince the more gullible of the Scottish electorate that the nasty English are being mean to them with a view to getting them to vote for independence. Hopefully there is a majority in Scotland who see the SNP for what they are and will vote against.

The other thing I was wondering was with Salmond and Sturgeon leading the SNP, are there any other fish themed politicians?

Another thing that crossed my mind is that Nicola Sturgeon looks just like wee Jimmy Krankie.
alex-salmod-nicola-sturgeon-krankies.png

As an Englishman, living and working in Scotland, this is fucking hilarious and to see work colleagues frothing at the mouth because we wont let them have their cake and eat it is pure gold!

Ive been told this morning my job will be gone and i will be deported pmsl.

I'm not a real fan of the Jocks but they are being done a disservice here on both sides of the border and they deserve more than that.

The arrogance of the two inept leaders (regarding the pound) they have pushing this yes vote versus the spin and twist of the Westminster mob throwing doubt into the mix.

I don't think the Scottish should leave with the pound but that's just my opinion and by the sound of it there is a genuine consensus from London that they wont have it either.

The SNP have to come up with a viable option before doomsday or it's going to be a guaranteed no isn't it?

dazdon said:
I'm not a real fan of the Jocks but they are being done a disservice here on both sides of the border and they deserve more than that.

The arrogance of the two inept leaders (regarding the pound) they have pushing this yes vote versus the spin and twist of the Westminster mob throwing doubt into the mix.

I don't think the Scottish should leave with the pound but that's just my opinion and by the sound of it there is a genuine consensus from London that they wont have it either.

The SNP have to come up with a viable option before doomsday or it's going to be a guaranteed no isn't it?

It will be a no anyway mate and Salmond knows it full well.

This is nothing more than a game with the preferred outcome on all sides more devolution and power for the Scottish parliament.

The cookie monster said:
No . . . . 1/5
Yes. . . . 7/2

About right imo.

Barring a few, there is no real interest in going it alone up here.

blueinsa said:
dazdon said:

It will be a no anyway mate and Salmond knows it full well.

This is nothing more than a game with the preferred outcome on all sides more devolution and power for the Scottish parliament.

More devolution and power?

Certainly as long as we south of the border don't have to pay for it

They get more than their fair share already

If they do vote no then the rest of the UK (i.e. the vast majority) should get a referendum on whether we would

a/ like to keep the current Barnett formula which favours Scotland financially at the expense of other UK taxpayers
b/ revise it so that Scotland get an even better deal from us
c/ tell them to fuck off and scrap the current deal so that we all get the same share

here is yet another perfect example of how our current politicians are screwing us and letting us down

no wonder the majority can't be arsed to vote anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.