Scotland

Edinburgh Zoo isn't great IMHO, try Five Sisters Zoo at West Calder, about 25 minutes from Edinburgh. I'm not a zoo fan but this one is very good.
I went to 1 sisters zoo a few years ago. There was one cage and one animal only. It was a dog. According to the sign on the cage it was a Shih Tzu.

What did you make of the Hydro? Pretty fine venue. (For Glasgow ;-))
Hydro was a lovely venue. Easy to get to, but I have to admit, I thought the sound was quite muffled or unclear.
The concert was great but if I’m nitpicking I have seen Waters better in the past.
I think he talked too much and some in the crowd got fed up with it. One idiot behind us started shouting at him to get on with it, but was put back in his box by other punters eventually.

The stage was split into four by a raised cross shaped video screen.
Technically the show was amazing as you come to expect with Waters, but I actually found it distracting at times. You find yourself watching it and not knowing where people are on stage. It becomes less about the live music and more about the spectacle.

Like I say, I’m nitpicking.
The whole weekend was brilliant.

Hydro was a lovely venue. Easy to get to, but I have to admit, I thought the sound was quite muffled or unclear.
The concert was great but if I’m nitpicking I have seen Waters better in the past.
I think he talked too much and some in the crowd got fed up with it. One idiot behind us started shouting at him to get on with it, but was put back in his box by other punters eventually.

The stage was split into four by a raised cross shaped video screen.
Technically the show was amazing as you come to expect with Waters, but I actually found it distracting at times. You find yourself watching it and not knowing where people are on stage. It becomes less about the live music and more about the spectacle.

Like I say, I’m nitpicking.
The whole weekend was brilliant.
Glad that Glasgow was good. I was at Bruce/Murrayfield on Tuesday and whilst Bruce was as good as ever, Murrayfield is a dirty hole of a venue and we were daft enough to pay obscene amounts for tickets for what was in essence a side view of the stage. You live and learn.

Saw Richard Ashcroft (Friday) and Sleaford Mods (Saturday) at Barrowlands in Glasgow a years ago and had a brilliant weekend up there.

Went up on my own for our game with Celtic and also had a really decent night chatting to locals in pubs.

Only negative was that the pubs had the old school closing times with last orders being at about 11:20pm.

Been on hikes in Loch Lomand, Isle of Mull and Isle of Skye and there is some breathtaking scenery to be had. Fully recommended a visit up North, a stunning country from what I've seen.

Saw Richard Ashcroft (Friday) and Sleaford Mods (Saturday) at Barrowlands in Glasgow a years ago and had a brilliant weekend up there.

Went up on my own for our game with Celtic and also had a really decent night chatting to locals in pubs.

Only negative was that the pubs had the old school closing times with last orders being at about 11:20pm.

Been on hikes in Loch Lomand, Isle of Mull and Isle of Skye and there is some breathtaking scenery to be had. Fully recommended a visit up North, a stunning country from what I've seen.
Standard pubs shut at 12:00 but there are late night rock bars.
Maggie May’s was just a few minutes walk from our Air b’n’b.
It stayed open until 3am.

Is there any pubs in Manchester open after 11pm for us oldies.
I have yet to find one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.