Scots g***

typical city fan said:
Perhaps a better question would be why is there only 4 English managers in the highest league in England? (20%)
Maybe it's due to the fact that the "greatest" English manager is a kick and rush merchant who as far as I can tell doesn't seem to believe in tactics (obviously I'm talking about good old 'Arry). Don't know the reason but I can't think of any good English managers off the top if my head.

There are 5 English born managers

'Arry - Spuds
Glenn Roeder - Newcastle
Neil Warnock - QPR
Mick McCarthy - Wolves
Woy Hodgson - WBA

and had this thread been made last week, the Elephant Man was at Sunderland!

Alan pardew is at Newcastle
classing someone with 57 caps for Ireland as English is stretching the truth a little I think.
You are right in saying that there would have been one more last week with Steve Bruce. But now there isn't. So my point is still valid. Not a dig at England or English people. I am actually asking why are there so few English managers in the top division in England?

Thought this would be the ideal post to introduce myself to the forum - Scottish City fan - moved down to the north west 5 years ago & adopted City as i went along to a game with some friends & never looked back - Just saying Hello :-)

typical city fan said:
classing someone with 57 caps for Ireland as English is stretching the truth a little I think.
You are right in saying that there would have been one more last week with Steve Bruce. But now there isn't. So my point is still valid. Not a dig at England or English people. I am actually asking why are there so few English managers in the top division in England?

Yeah, meant Pardew not Roeder lol.
I did say in my opening line ''English born'' as I thought McCarthy might be classed as being Irish! The bloke is born and bred in Barnsley ffs!!!

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
typical city fan said:

Yeah, meant Pardew not Roeder lol.
I did say in my opening line ''English born'' as I thought McCarthy might be classed as being Irish! The bloke is born and bred in Barnsley ffs!!!

Irish parents.Scraping the barrel when your looking for Mick to boost your numbers up.You produce crap managers for some reason.The next England manager must be English brigade must be praying that twitcher gets off with his tax case.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
typical city fan said:
Perhaps a better question would be why is there only 4 English managers in the highest league in England? (20%)
Maybe it's due to the fact that the "greatest" English manager is a kick and rush merchant who as far as I can tell doesn't seem to believe in tactics (obviously I'm talking about good old 'Arry). Don't know the reason but I can't think of any good English managers off the top if my head.

'Arry - Spuds
Glenn Roeder - NewcastleNeil Warnock - QPR
Mick McCarthy - Wolves
Woy Hodgson - WBA

Good Lord... my time machine, it works!!

seriously though i always get confused between these 2 and i have no idea why

mammyjam said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
typical city fan said:

'Arry - Spuds
Glenn Roeder - NewcastleNeil Warnock - QPR
Mick McCarthy - Wolves
Woy Hodgson - WBA

Good Lord... my time machine, it works!!

seriously though i always get confused between these 2 and i have no idea why

Former West Ham managers maybe!

typical city fan said:
Well considering his Mum was English and he grew up in England where he has lived nearly all his life is far from stretching the truth

BoyBlue_1985 said:
typical city fan said:
Well considering his Mum was English and he grew up in England where he has lived nearly all his life is far from stretching the truth

Not only grew up in England - but born in England too. But apparently that's not enough to be English! Bet he hasn't got an Irish passport ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.