Scott Sinclair

Mancini doesn't really use wingers anyway so it's hardly as if Sinclair is guaranteed to start. I think he's a one trick pony in that respect. Johnson was brought on to run at tired defenders and try to create something.

Sinclair is a lot quicker than Johnno and probably on par dribbling so Mancini should be using Sinclair the same way he used Johnson but as I have said before if Sinclair isn't putting in a shift in training he won't play.

Johnson's shooting ability is far far superior to Sinclair, which is why he was great as a substitute. If we play for 70 minutes and our attacking play hasn't been able to break through, then Mancini bought on Johnson to see if he could, if effect, do it on his own.
Sinclair is probably better than Johnson as a member of our attacking/buildup play, but obviously nowhere near Silva or Nasri or even Milner, so bringing him on not only doesn't change the way we are attacking, but its more of the same from a much lower quality player (whereas with Johnson he would be more direct)

peoffrey said:
Mancini doesn't really use wingers anyway so it's hardly as if Sinclair is guaranteed to start. I think he's a one trick pony in that respect. Johnson was brought on to run at tired defenders and try to create something.

I always saw AJ as a one-trick pony. Sinclair appears to be the original no-trick donkey.

I really hope he proves me wrong.

Don't understand why people actually want Scott Sinclair to start. He was average at Swansea (in the PL) and has looked poor every time he has played for us. If you want to be a top player in a top team you've got to take your chance be it 20 mins of the bench or you're first two starts, and Sinclair simply hasn't took his chance. Against QPR it was the first time I saw him take on a defender, plus he seems soft, against Watford and Villa he had opportunities to score, all he had to do was stick a foot out. I can't see him improving any time soon, I hope i'm wrong but I just can't see it.

If they weren't going to play him, they shouldn't have signed him. Simple as that. Like all players in the squad, he deserves a fair chance, it's annoying the way Mancini outcasts certain players and barely gives them any game time. In many, many games we have been crying out for width, nothing to lose pitching this fella in but he doesn't do it.

JamesA said:
If they weren't going to play him, they shouldn't have signed him. Simple as that. Like all players in the squad, he deserves a fair chance, it's annoying the way Mancini outcasts certain players and barely gives them any game time. In many, many games we have been crying out for width, nothing to lose pitching this fella in but he doesn't do it.

it's possible that Robertohas seen enough in training to see Sinclair is out of his depth.

The club made a mistake in signing him, they are aware of this and so he will be sold this summer as we look to make huge strides.

Sinclair could find himself back at Swansea next season (if Laudrup wants him) or at a club like Sunderland or QPR.
So he'll be fine, but we need to be ruthless and ship him out.

King-Kun said:
JamesA said:

it's possible that Robertohas seen enough in training to see Sinclair is out of his depth.

The club made a mistake in signing him, they are aware of this and so he will be sold this summer as we look to make huge strides.

Sinclair could find himself back at Swansea next season (if Laudrup wants him) or at a club like Sunderland or QPR.
So he'll be fine, but we need to be ruthless and ship him out.

Out of his depth? Seriously? So he couldn't have come on against teams like Southampton and made an impact, just like he did quite well for Swansea last year. Don't get that viewpoint to be honest.

Out of his depth in Champions League - probably yes.

But in the Premier League against a lot of teams he could make some sort of impact I fell. No world beater, but it is painful to watch our lack of width at times.

I feel sorry for Scott, he's never had a proper chance to show what he can do, unfair to slag him off when he has hardly had any games......

Give the lad a break ffs!

blightee said:
Johnson's shooting ability is far far superior to Sinclair, which is why he was great as a substitute. If we play for 70 minutes and our attacking play hasn't been able to break through, then Mancini bought on Johnson to see if he could, if effect, do it on his own.
Sinclair is probably better than Johnson as a member of our attacking/buildup play, but obviously nowhere near Silva or Nasri or even Milner, so bringing him on not only doesn't change the way we are attacking, but its more of the same from a much lower quality player (whereas with Johnson he would be more direct)

Don't think sinclair can be too shabby at shootin... scored about 30+ goals in the last 2 years at Swansea hasn't he?
Admittedly the bulk of them were in the Championship but don't think Johnson got those kinda figures down there.

edit...Ahh...Wiki says 28 at Swansea (i might have cooked the figures a bit), 35 in all competitions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.