Scottish Football Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwall are a well-established Championship side now (11th in 20-21, 9th in 21-22, and now 8th in 22-23), and they only missed out on the playoffs this year by a solitary point. Southampton and Leicester might find the going difficult next season, perhaps Leeds, too, so Millwall will fancy their chances of cracking the top six spots.

Just last year I think. He'd travelled down to sign then didn't.

Thought so. Don't know the full circumstances but my initial thoughts are that any club with self respect wouldn't go back in again in these circumstances but here we are.

On another note, Cumnock juniors won the Scottish junior cup, beating Rutherglen with a 92nd minute winner. Another junior cup win for an Ayrshire side, although this time not Talbot or the Glens.

An odd time and venue for that final.

Yeah usually a Sunday afternoon, and usually at Rugby Park when there's an Ayrshire side involved (which is the case most years). Don't know why it was switched this year round.

There'll be many a 'high 6' in the streets of Cumnock today..

The junior up final used to be one f the few games shown live on TV up here back in the day.
I used to go to the odd tie when my local teams were involved.
Camelon,Linlithgow Rose and Boness Utd.
Sadly looks to have faded away into obscurity.

Yeah usually a Sunday afternoon, and usually at Rugby Park when there's an Ayrshire side involved (which is the case most years). Don't know why it was switched this year round.

There'll be many a 'high 6' in the streets of Cumnock today..
It’s often been a movable feast, I suppose. Just under 80,000 saw Petershill defeat Irvine Meadow in 1951, and just over 4,000 were in attendance last night, so its appeal seems to be on the wane. Worth following for some of the wonderfully evocative names alone, be it Burnbank Swifts, Kilbirnie Ladeside, or Lugar Boswell Thistle, which if hyphenated would sound like a tremendous German-Scottish spy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.