Scottish Football Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for other teams, but how VAR didn't award Kilmarnock a 90th minute penalty against Celtic at Hamp.....ahh I do get it actually. Nothing to see, as you say.
Have you got a spare couple of days to chat about some awarded against us and denied us?

I think Thistle need a good result from the first leg tonight, by good result I mean a win. Think the draw will favour Ross County and if County won tonight it'd be very unlikely that Thistle progress from there. I've no positive or ill feeling towards either but I hope Thistle do it just purely because they travel a bit better and help create a wee bit better atmosphere, all geography related but just my personal choice.
Partick finished the campaign fourth, so if they did come up, would that not be unusual?

Great...must have been about x days since we had an ol' conspiracy theory post.

I'm sure you were the one that couldn't wait for VAR as well?

Anyway, should we not be talking about Big Ange??
Paper frenzie by your Rangers pals. What an endorsement of Beale that the strategy is to get shot of Ange. Next it will be all our players leaving, then all the players who knock us back, repeat and rinse.

My own view is he won’t go, but if he does, I will wish him well, realising that’s the way it is with players and managers.

I am also confident, that we are a good place to get a move to better leagues and with CL football a cert this year, we will do what we always do, regroup and beat you.

Although, I am worried that your latest revolution, I think this will be the 8th, with the latest Messiah, could cut the gap down to about five points.

I’m joking, you’re getting taking to made up cup land, again next year too, regardless of never getting penalties awarded against you and topping the charts on getting them. An occupational hazard we have navigated forever.

If I were a Ger, my worry wouldn’t be Ange going, it’s Beale staying. But, what do I know, my team have only won about 17 out of 22 trophy’s. Soon to be 18.

Have you got a spare couple of days to chat about some awarded against us and denied us?

No, I'm not that arsed. There's no conspiracy - both Rangers and Celtic have always and will continue to receive the majority of major decisions in their favour, and their fans will continue to argue with each other about who's conspired against and who the referees support. Decisions against diddy clubs don't matter, if Rangers received a dodgy penalty tomorrow against East Fife - it's a conspiracy against Celtic. If Celtic received a dodgy penalty tomorrow against Tranent Juniors, it's a conspiracy against Rangers. That's the way things work.

No, I'm not that arsed. There's no conspiracy - both Rangers and Celtic have always and will continue to receive the majority of major decisions in their favour, and their fans will continue to argue with each other about who's conspired against and who the referees support. Decisions against diddy clubs don't matter, if Rangers received a dodgy penalty tomorrow against East Fife - it's a conspiracy against Celtic. If Celtic received a dodgy penalty tomorrow against Tranent Juniors, it's a conspiracy against Rangers. That's the way things work.
Course it is.

Partick finished the campaign fourth, so if they did come up, would that not be unusual?

Yeah I'd think so. I can't remember where Livi finished when they were promoted after beating Thistle (ironically) in the playoffs but I don't recall it being as low as 4th, maybe I'm wrong? Funny thing is though, if you asked me who I'd have preferred to face in a play off, prior to the last day of the championship season, I'd have said Queens Park, Ayr or Morton - not Inverness or Partick. Even though they've finished lower, that can be attributed to a modest/poor first half of season prior to the change of manager so in turn would always prove to be the harder challenge for any premiership team than QP/Ayr/Morton imo.

Momentum has a lot to do with it and Thistle have that in abundance just now. They've goals in their side, so might do a turn. Interesting to see if it's too big a step up or not though.

Yeah I'd think so. I can't remember where Livi finished when they were promoted after beating Thistle (ironically) in the playoffs but I don't recall it being as low as 4th, maybe I'm wrong? Funny thing is though, if you asked me who I'd have preferred to face in a play off, prior to the last day of the championship season, I'd have said Queens Park, Ayr or Morton - not Inverness or Partick. Even though they've finished lower, that can be attributed to a modest/poor first half of season prior to the change of manager so in turn would always prove to be the harder challenge for any premiership team than QP/Ayr/Morton imo.

Momentum has a lot to do with it and Thistle have that in abundance just now. They've goals in their side, so might do a turn. Interesting to see if it's too big a step up or not though.
I think I would prefer Thistle to come up, not because of any malice towards Ross County, just because I think Partick were harshly dealt with in respect to 'the COVID season'. At the same time, I fear for the long-term health of the game in the Highlands if there is no representation above the Championship. Ross County have been in the top flight for 11 of the last 12 seasons, only slipping out in season 18-19, but I just sense that conditions are harsher now, so if they fall, it might not be as easy to return.

I think I would prefer Thistle to come up, not because of any malice towards Ross County, just because I think Partick were harshly dealt with in respect to 'the COVID season'. At the same time, I fear for the long-term health of the game in the Highlands if there is no representation above the Championship. Ross County have been in the top flight for 11 of the last 12 seasons, only slipping out in season 18-19, but I just sense that conditions are harsher now, so if they fall, it might not be as easy to return.

Not sure about the Highlands fear - think County in particular are well backed by their owner. Inverness should really have made the playoffs this season - could have ended up with a highland derby in the playoffs actually. Think if County are relegated then they and Inverness both stand a half decent chance of promotion next season, perhaps second and third favourites after Dundee United.

My point was referencing what happened at Parkhead compared to what happened at our ground after the Chelsea game. It had nothing to do with the actual game. As for the violence and vandalism; if you can show me where I condoned any of those mindless actions, please do. I hope the authorities come down HARD on anyone they can identify. There's no place for it.
Just to put us at the Merchant city into perspective. No riot, with him having selective retention about this. Enjoy.

Was there any controversial penalties turned down against Rangers.
Might be nothing wrong with Rangers not conceding any penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.