Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

I read Raith had a pitch made out of mashed up Plastic Irn Bru booties. That’s why I didn’t want them up. Need these abominations against god himself outlawed. Even though he’s a fictional character and probably prefers Polo with all his rich mates.

As someone who wanted Raith promoted I’d have to say by far the better team won. Scoreline probably reflects the gap in quality.

Raith played a very poor Livi earlier this season in one of the Cups when Raith were flying and a very poor Livi turned them over fairly easily
Of course the better team won, one's in the Premiership and one's in the Championship

I read Raith had a pitch made out of mashed up Plastic Irn Bru booties. That’s why I didn’t want them up. Need these abominations against god himself outlawed. Even though he’s a fictional character and probably prefers Polo with all his rich mates.
Which reminds me of a line from a great John Cooper Clark poem:

The Duke of Edinburgh’s threadbare jacket,
Can’t afford Polo, what not a packet?

And so SPFL clubs have voted to ban artificial pitches (for now, they'll inevitably be voted back in by 6 or 7 years time).

I wonder what the next big major problem for Scottish football will be we can have a vote on? Size of a clubs tunnel? How white the lines need to be? A possible ban on steak pies?

Never mind any talk about fairer distribution of wealth, the fact the same 2 clubs have won every title since 1985, a questionable pyramid system and bigotry staining our game every single season....

And so SPFL clubs have voted to ban artificial pitches (for now, they'll inevitably be voted back in by 6 or 7 years time).

I wonder what the next big major problem for Scottish football will be we can have a vote on? Size of a clubs tunnel? How white the lines need to be? A possible ban on steak pies?

Never mind any talk about fairer distribution of wealth, the fact the same 2 clubs have won every title since 1985, a questionable pyramid system and bigotry staining our game every single season....
Bigotry will never leave our game sadly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.