Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

Clubs have cut their allocations and they still get grief.
Both just do not get that fans of other clubs do not want them visiting.
It is a shame that most clubs cannot afford to cut their allocation more.
We have no real issue with teams wanting thousands of empty seats. This may not be the case with Hearts, but it is with the rest, I just wish the managers of those clubs, would shut the fuck up about disparity of resources, when they themselves take a decision to not maximise their income. Self inflicted poverty isn't a virtue, the extra money could help their squad. If they refuse it, don’t moan about it. You took the decision. Decisions have consequences, suck it up. Better players can make the difference to get into Europe and make a good amount there. Or go into a group stage and not bu beat by utter dross. This happens every single year. And as long as this approach continues our league will continue to be filled with teams who are shit. If that makes supporters of these teams happy, crack on.

We have no real issue with teams wanting thousands of empty seats. This may not be the case with Hearts, but it is with the rest, I just wish the managers of those clubs, would shut the fuck up about disparity of resources, when they themselves take a decision to not maximise their income. Self inflicted poverty isn't a virtue, the extra money could help their squad. If they refuse it, don’t moan about it. You took the decision. Decisions have consequences, suck it up. Better players can make the difference to get into Europe and make a good amount there. Or go into a group stage and not bu beat by utter dross. This happens every single year. And as long as this approach continues our league will continue to be filled with teams who are shit. If that makes supporters of these teams happy, crack on.
Not really, as money gained selling tickets to Rangers/ Celtic fans is offset by paying for extra police presence, plus the inevitable repair costs to fix the seats the OF fans habitually vandalise.

Last edited:
Not really, as money gained selling tickets to Rangers/ Celtic fans is offset by paying for extra police presence, plus the inevitable repair costs to fix the seats the OF fans habitually vandalise.
Not so. Although policing is higher, it no way does it cost as much as the sold tickets bring. As I said, each to their own devices.

The best leveller in banter with national teams is money is not a factor but quality of players and coaches is more fundamental a good coach can galvanise a strong work effort ethic with reasonable players for a two week tournament eg Denmark Greece Iceland so something is wrong in my opinion in the Scotland coaching team. Bit like England have arguably the best quality ability etc etc but we too have a shite manager who is out of his depth trying to coach top players
Waistcoat and his team would probably have success with Scotland
England need a top coach to exploit the talent …… Pep Ancheloti

If sevco cannot challenge you no way will the rest.
I know, but being better helps with euro qualification to the group stages. That’s where teams can earn substantial sums. How much did you make? I read it was a couple of million. Competing with us should never be the be all. There are other ways getting better, help to get even better. That takes money. I keep hearing how difficult it is to improve squads with limited resources, then self limit them because you’re fed up with both of us having too many fans and you don’t like us. Amateur in the extreme. In fact amateur doesn’t even touch the sides. Hearts can fill their stadium. Who else can?

The extra police myth. Absolute garbage

Any damage caused by away supporters is paid by the visiting clubs.

I can’t speak for Celtic but Rangers send their own stewards to away games to help identify known trouble makers and I know they are far more proactive in dealing with the idiots that attach themselves to our clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.