Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but being better helps with euro qualification to the group stages. That’s where teams can earn substantial sums. How much did you make? I read it was a couple of million. Competing with us should never be the be all. There are other ways getting better, help to get even better. That takes money. I keep hearing how difficult it is to improve squads with limited resources, then self limit them because you’re fed up with both of us having too many fans and you don’t like us. Amateur in the extreme. In fact amateur doesn’t even touch the sides. Hearts can fill their stadium. Who else can?
A successful Aberdeen could. Killie , United, Hibs , Thistle and a few others all could achieve relatively large supports.

We have no real issue with teams wanting thousands of empty seats. This may not be the case with Hearts, but it is with the rest, I just wish the managers of those clubs, would shut the fuck up about disparity of resources, when they themselves take a decision to not maximise their income. Self inflicted poverty isn't a virtue, the extra money could help their squad. If they refuse it, don’t moan about it. You took the decision. Decisions have consequences, suck it up. Better players can make the difference to get into Europe and make a good amount there. Or go into a group stage and not bu beat by utter dross. This happens every single year. And as long as this approach continues our league will continue to be filled with teams who are shit. If that makes supporters of these teams happy, crack on.

It's pre season man, get some basic finance training into you and learn about how and why you're talking shite on this particular subject as usual.

Aside from a few reasonable folks, your average old firm fan lives in a fucking bubble, as evident from those who post on this thread.

It's genuinely bewildering that you can't grasp how clubs' bending over for Celtic and rangers fans to make a quick buck doesn't have serious negative financial ramifications over the course of that season and the long term.

Don't ever try to grow a business, would be my advice.

It's pre season man, get some basic finance training into you and learn about how and why you're talking shite on this particular subject as usual.

Aside from a few reasonable folks, your average old firm fan lives in a fucking bubble, as evident from those who post on this thread.

It's genuinely bewildering that you can't grasp how clubs' bending over for Celtic and rangers fans to make a quick buck doesn't have serious negative financial ramifications over the course of that season and the long term.

Don't ever try to grow a business, would be my advice.
Jesus Christ. After the utter tit you made of yourself after the Rangers game you are in absolutely no position to lecture anybody.

This started from a post I made many weeks ago and as usual it has gone way over your head!

Far from benefiting the Old Firm this would be the Old Firm giving away a percentage of their European millions to the greater benefit of the game as a whole.

Also at no time did I say that clubs should bend over for the Old Firm. The preferred option would be for clubs to fill their stadium with their own fans. Creates a better atmosphere and improves the product

BUT

If clubs cannot fill their stadiums then away supporters , of whatever team, should be given the opportunity to buy the tickets to allow supporters to follow their club

It’s utter madness to actively look to keep paying customers out!

Oh and I have run two very successful businesses and sold one and still run the other so I’m certainly not taking business advice from the likes of you who is blinded by hatred

Jesus Christ. After the utter tit you made of yourself after the Rangers game you are in absolutely no position to lecture anybody.

This started from a post I made many weeks ago and as usual it has gone way over your head!

Far from benefiting the Old Firm this would be the Old Firm giving away a percentage of their European millions to the greater benefit of the game as a whole.

Also at no time did I say that clubs should bend over for the Old Firm. The preferred option would be for clubs to fill their stadium with their own fans. Creates a better atmosphere and improves the product

BUT

If clubs cannot fill their stadiums then away supporters , of whatever team, should be given the opportunity to buy the tickets to allow supporters to follow their club

It’s utter madness to actively look to keep paying customers out!

Oh and I have run two very successful businesses and sold one and still run the other so I’m certainly not taking business advice from the likes of you who is blinded by hatred
You just don't get it do you.
Money is not everything.
Fans of other clubs do not want your scummy fans with their bigoted nonsense anywhere near them.
Clubs are trying to encourage families to their grounds.
So the less tickets yous get the better it is for everyone.
Backward cunts that you are.

Money is not everything.
Fans of other clubs do not want your scummy fans with their bigoted nonsense anywhere near them.

Jesus. Just made the mistake of unmuting that moon howler for a minute to see what he had to say. It was, as you might expect, complete nonsense - swiftly back on mute.

We've got 2,000 more season ticket holders now than when we used to give the old firm two stands when they "visited".

Going back to the dark days of giving them two whole stands would see the vast majority of that 2,000 again questioning what's the point in giving their own club support when they're clearly second in thoughts to the cheeks. Lost season ticket holders, lost interest, lost growth, LOST MONEY OVER THE LONG TERM!

The club right now is run better than it's ever been in my life. That home stand we previously used for old firm fans is now home to a community football pitch right behind it and where families go every week, giving all of that up with all the other progress which has been made would completely go against all the hard work which the club has done/is doing to grow.

Money is not everything.
You speak for all fans of all clubs? Hmmm not sure you do.

You don’t think money is important in Professional sport? Hmmmm I think most chairmen would disagree.

You’re are trying to encourage families to games. I think there are bigger issues than sectarianism in our game. The Ultras with their missile throwing and violence while not at 80s / 90s levels is certainly very much on the increase.

Once more for the hard of thinking. I agree that the less away tickets for all clubs is great for the game IF we are filling the stadium

As for ‘Backward Cunts’. I’m actually looking at ideas that would grow the game as a whole even to the detriment of the club I support if it’s for the greater good. Those that are happy with the status quo are the backward cunts

Could more be done to combat the sectarian element in our game? Absolutely but the clubs themselves will not agree on liability!! Until clubs and fans are punished as a direct consequence of their actions it will carry on as will the violence and objects thrown on to the pitch.

I read Ayrshire Blues post and it may surprise him to know I agree with a lot he says and Kilmarnock are a club that show when run well what can be achieved. Great chairman, Great manager, fantastic recruitment and the increase in their attendance is a direct result of this. Long may it continue.

Unfortunately for every Killie there is a St Johnstone (just an example).

This will come as little surprise to absolutely nobody but Ayrshire Blue is being a tad disingenuous when talking about Killies rise in attendance figures.

A quick google search shows that their attendance is up 2000 on two seasons ago which is great. They were in the second tier then!

Kilmarnocks attendances have been relatively poor for a club their size for many years. Early Noughties they were averaging around 9,000 and peaking at 11,000.. when they gave the Old Firm two stands. Very reasonable but in more recent years it’s fallen to between 5-6000.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that cutting the Old Firm allocation has impacted positively on attendances. The evidence suggests , like many clubs, their attendances fluctuate up and down depending on the success or lack of on the park.

This will come as little surprise to absolutely nobody but Ayrshire Blue is being a tad disingenuous when talking about Killies rise in attendance figures.

A quick google search shows that their attendance is up 2000 on two seasons ago which is great. They were in the second tier then!

Kilmarnocks attendances have been relatively poor for a club their size for many years. Early Noughties they were averaging around 9,000 and peaking at 11,000.. when they gave the Old Firm two stands. Very reasonable but in more recent years it’s fallen to between 5-6000.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that cutting the Old Firm allocation has impacted positively on attendances. The evidence suggests , like many clubs, their attendances fluctuate up and down depending on the success or lack of on the park.
Sado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.