Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dundee Statement

The club have invested heavily in the pitch during the close season, installing a new secondary drainage system before building the pitch up with 200 tonnes of rootzone to provide a fresh new playing surface.

As seen from the pictures included, the pitch is progressing well, however, the club want to give the pitch as much time as possible to bed in and be ready for our first league match of the season at home to Hearts on Saturday 10th August.

Paul Murray Dundee FC’s Head Groundsman said, “Firstly I would like to thank the club for their continued backing throughout the entire renovation process. The renovation has not been without its challenges, but with the club’s full support, we have managed to overcome these issues to help the process run as smoothly as possible. We have taken the decision to move the two home Premier Sports Cup games based on the short amount of time between completing the renovation and the aforementioned fixtures. With the pitch being seeded less than four weeks ago, and with so much sand and rootzone going into the drainage lines and onto the pitch surface, I was concerned for the overall stability of the pitch. Moving the two home games gives us another 18 days to have the pitch in optimum condition for the start of the league campaign.”

——————-

I think everyone will be delighted that Dundee will have a decent playing surface for the forthcoming season and some much needed revenue for Brechin

Tin hat on.
I have been disappointed with the number of Scotand gear worn today.
Okay England got beat but to celebrate if Scotland had something to do with the occasion is pretty poor.
Be happy that England got beat by all means but do not go overboard.
My posts are tongue in cheek and not to be taken serious by the way.lol.

An incredible support, half the season ticket holders travelling to Brugge/Bruges for an early European qualifier. Know of plenty more travelling who didn't manage to get a ticket too, reckon we'll have the guts of 3,000 fans over there. Likely to get a doing off the Cercle mob but honestly, I'm just looking forward to the trip - the result rightly or wrongly is well and truly secondary to me and I imagine most.

Would still be nice if Leverkusen or Juventus sign their striker Denkey before we play however!

St Mirren v Valur .. I’ve seen it said the Buddies should see this mob off with little trouble but they did win 4-0 away in Albania. As all Scottish clubs have found out in recent years . We can take nothing for granted.

St Mirren have only been given 76 tickets for away tie. Yep it’s really frustrating when clubs can’t cater for your travelling support !!

Kidding. I’m sure they’ll get home end tickets and I’m sure they will be more welcome there than they would have been had it been the Albanian mob

Kilmarnock have a tough draw. Great they’ve sold out the away allocation but hopefully if they put on a great show at Home it’ll encourage more along to Rugby Park and they can continue to progress. I could be wrong but I believe even if they do lose the tie they are guaranteed a Conference league chance.

Celtic Champions league groups

Rangers Europa League groups

And Hearts , Killie in conference league groups would be fantastic for our game

To complete the Hibsy misery it was Scott Allan that set up the winning Kelty Jambos goal.

Good to see Allan back playing at a decent level after his health issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.