Scottish Football Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Mirren v Valur .. I’ve seen it said the Buddies should see this mob off with little trouble but they did win 4-0 away in Albania. As all Scottish clubs have found out in recent years . We can take nothing for granted.

St Mirren have only been given 76 tickets for away tie. Yep it’s really frustrating when clubs can’t cater for your travelling support !!

Kidding. I’m sure they’ll get home end tickets and I’m sure they will be more welcome there than they would have been had it been the Albanian mob

Kilmarnock have a tough draw. Great they’ve sold out the away allocation but hopefully if they put on a great show at Home it’ll encourage more along to Rugby Park and they can continue to progress. I could be wrong but I believe even if they do lose the tie they are guaranteed a Conference league chance.

Celtic Champions league groups

Rangers Europa League groups

And Hearts , Killie in conference league groups would be fantastic for our game
These games, at all levels, shows a little bit of improvement is overdue. After watching the euros and the technical quality in all of the so called, smaller nations, was clearly vastly superior to us. Nowhere is an easy game for any of our teams, unless we all improve dramatically. We haven’t strengthened at all,in fact if O’Riley leaves, looks odds on, we will probably be weaker. Our board not known for their ambition or flair in the transfer market.

Good luck to us all, we’re gonny fucking need it.

These games, at all levels, shows a little bit of improvement is overdue. After watching the euros and the technical quality in all of the so called, smaller nations, was clearly vastly superior to us. Nowhere is an easy game for any of our teams, unless we all improve dramatically. We haven’t strengthened at all,in fact if O’Riley leaves, looks odds on, we will probably be weaker. Our board not known for their ambition or flair in the transfer market.

Good luck to us all, we’re gonny fucking need it.
Makes you wonder where it changed because decades ago the 'Scottish" player was nearly always the skilful one, e.g Charlie Cooke, Alex Young, Eddie Gray, etc.Seems quite physical from what I have seen of it don't know if that helps but maybe it's more the old school coaches passing on the only way they know?

Makes you wonder where it changed because decades ago the 'Scottish" player was nearly always the skilful one, e.g Charlie Cooke, Alex Young, Eddie Gray, etc.Seems quite physical from what I have seen of it don't know if that helps but maybe it's more the old school coaches passing on the only way they know?
The level of technical ability has fallen massively. Different options, the cost of going to a five a side place, means less play. When was the last time you saw kids play football on a bit of spare ground, in the street, jumpers for goal posts? The world’s gone mad. If you look at England, it mirrors the Scots in bygone days. All the good English teams now have a couple of English in them. Happening in England too. Worse here though.

Edinburgh council might stop future friendly games at Murryfield.
How shit at cricket have you got to be to be playing for Stewart Melville 4th team!

The game was actually stopped due to the torrential rain but why let the facts get in the way.

I obviously didn’t go to the game but from what I’ve heard from people who were actually there is the whole thing was a complete shitshow with stewards and police directing crowds through this area.

Sorry but I just can’t get too upset at big boys saying naughty words. Even if they are United fans

The level of technical ability has fallen massively. Different options, the cost of going to a five a side place, means less play. When was the last time you saw kids play football on a bit of spare ground, in the street, jumpers for goal posts? The world’s gone mad. If you look at England, it mirrors the Scots in bygone days. All the good English teams now have a couple of English in them. Happening in England too. Worse here though.
Schools sold off along with their playing fields to build houses. Playing fields sold off for housing.

I genuinely read that as Terry Cooke. Shudder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.