Scottish Football Thread | 2024/25

Obviously long way to go before deadline day but as things stand Rangers are much weaker with celtic , at least, as strong middle to front

Dundee have improved and I can see Simon Murray and Curtis Main forming a decent partnership. Good footballing side who’ll have a decent surface.

Aberdeen simply cannot be as poor as they were.

But Hearts and Kilmarnock look to be going about things the right way. Hearts made a couple of decent early Bosmans. I believe they’ll both be stronger than last season.

Hibs are also more than capable on their day of taking points of this Rangers squad.

I’ve said for weeks that Celtic will win the league in an absolute canter and Rangers will be closer to Hearts and Killie than they will Celtic

St Johnstone and Ross county will fight out relegation.

Dundee United will be midtable along with St Mirren and Motherwell.

No excuses needed. We are a club in complete turmoil
If we go into next season without a better CB and LB, I will lose my shit. Kasper is a brilliant replacement for big Joe. I was worried because of the 786 keepers linked with us, I had Barkas vibes. So that’s one less thing to worry about. Jasper was great the other night and was letting the defence know how he felt. He has a great attitude and a bit mad, I love that in a keeper

We will lose O’Riley, that’s looking odds on. So, that is going to be an issue. No way will we replace him. Hatate was plagued by injury and only reached his form fleetingly last season. He needs to step up to his form the season before. If he does, not as terrible. Bernardo is a player I’m glad we brought back, only 22 and will be good. If we ever sign the lad.

We haven’t got Idah, only one striker, so we need two anyway, so Idah +1 or no Idah +2.

My wish list is. CB, LB, RB, attacking Mid, if Matt leaves. Two strikers.

No way is that happening. I just enjoy wish lists.

Decent performance in first half from Kilmarnock. They need to keep up the same intensity in second half and get the crowd right behind them.

St Mirren pumping Valur 0-0 so far (should be about 4-0).

Definitely got the physical advantage.

Probably going to end 1-0 Valur.

Great throw in from Armstrong and Killie get a well deserved equaliser (bit of luck with the header)

Bruce Anderson was coming on and he can get you a goal

Absolutely loved that tonight. Not a lot of football on show, Cercle had 3 or 4 real quality players and others who are poor. Thought they edged the first half, dominated the start of the second then Killie took over after they scored. Great to see some fight in us when the heads could have gone down, some atmosphere and great to celebrate a European goal with my kid.

Looks like the usual pumpings on the way.
Really?

Thought Killie were excellent against decent level opposition. It’ll be tough in Belgium but they have a decent chance

Valur scored 4 away from home in the last round so were never going to be pushovers. From all reports I’ve seen St Mirren were the better team and hopefully will get the result next week.

Anyway is it not a positive to see the grounds full? Decent atmospheres?

But for tonight, let's not talk about Celtic being their usual shitshow on the continent.
Not a shit show mate, we can’t win because we lack enough quality in the CL. Rangers win games in the Europa and we do them with ease. It’s the level. We played some great football but we didn’t have enough. Shit show? I think not. But, it’s Celtic, so let’s call them shit.

I might have mentioned it in passing, if our board actually grow a pair, we could win a few games in the upcoming group. With their form though, no one is ordering the Champagne.

I am well past Rogers talking about quality. I want to see it. We have the money to move up a level. We also have a board who seem to us at least to just be happy ragdolling our pals. I love that too, but I want to be in Europe with a fighting chance to beat at least the teams on the same level as us financially, and who knows, a couple of wins at home too woukd he a lovely change.

Deep down though, 20 years of that dithering cheapskate bastard Lawell, has reduced my room for dreaming. My prediction is we will bring in a couple, be told how hard we tried to sign players and on we go, yet again, not led by, but hampered by men who collectively have a zero Testosterone level. I can’t put into words how much I detest them all. Throw a punch you utter cowards.

Anyway, we aren’t a shitshow. We get what we deserve at that level. Scales and Taylor cannot be part of any defence hoping to do well in the CL. If the board don’t see that, I wish they would just fuck off and make way for men who know the score and who want to at least try to put up a fight.

Really?

Thought Killie were excellent against decent level opposition. It’ll be tough in Belgium but they have a decent chance

Valur scored 4 away from home in the last round so were never going to be pushovers. From all reports I’ve seen St Mirren were the better team and hopefully will get the result next week.

Anyway is it not a positive to see the grounds full? Decent atmospheres?
I genuinely hope they all get through, I just can’t see it. The extra revenue for them ups the standard of our league. They get better, more of their fans turn up and that’s better for it as a spectacle. Seeing empty seats by the thousand, looks utterly shit, but that’s their choice. Let’s hope they can pull it out the bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.