Screening Away games at the Etihad

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
dobobobo said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
And how do they propose to show 3pm KO legally in the UK? The club would surely be breaking the premier league's broadcasting rules within the UK. Unless....

There is a part of the etihad which actually counts as UAE territory thus allowing them to broadcast all the 3pm KOs they want.....

????

I couldn't be arsed getting into another disagreement on here last weekend, because I hadn't seen the survey. Thus, I took it that the survey the OP received actually said something along the lines of: "If City were to broadcast at the ground Saturday 3pm away matches, e.g. Leicester, would you be interested?"

So my take on it is, City are looking to seek a change in the rule that permits any Premiership football club to broadcast the away match to anyone who attends the home ground. But, they want to see how many Blues are interested before going to the Premier League with the request.

Like you say, it can't happen any other way, unless City do have a section of the ground that aint part of the UK.

For information the UAE territory is defined by the M11 3FF postcode. It was transferred as part of the recent housing partnership with Manchester City Council - so no problem with the 3pm ko rule.

You can screen them on CCTV. Chelsea fans used to queue up about the Shed Bar to pay £10 to watch the game when the ground was sold out and it wasn't on TV. I'm sure the away at Arsenal that was shown at the ground was 3pm Saturday too.

Da_Blu_Moona said:
Unless.... There is a part of the etihad which actually counts as UAE territory thus allowing them to broadcast all the 3pm KOs they want.....
It can't be that, because we don't even get the 3pm KOs anymore after the fuckwits at Al Jazeera came along and pissed on everyone's chips.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
dobobobo said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:
And how do they propose to show 3pm KO legally in the UK? The club would surely be breaking the premier league's broadcasting rules within the UK. Unless....

There is a part of the etihad which actually counts as UAE territory thus allowing them to broadcast all the 3pm KOs they want.....

????

I couldn't be arsed getting into another disagreement on here last weekend, because I hadn't seen the survey. Thus, I took it that the survey the OP received actually said something along the lines of: "If City were to broadcast at the ground Saturday 3pm away matches, e.g. Leicester, would you be interested?"

So my take on it is, City are looking to seek a change in the rule that permits any Premiership football club to broadcast the away match to anyone who attends the home ground. But, they want to see how many Blues are interested before going to the Premier League with the request.

Like you say, it can't happen any other way, unless City do have a section of the ground that aint part of the UK.

For information the UAE territory is defined by the M11 3FF postcode. It was transferred as part of the recent housing partnership with Manchester City Council - so no problem with the 3pm ko rule.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks for the info!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.