Screening Away games at the Etihad

I remember going to Maine Road to watch Millwall away when away fans were banned.
The first leg of the play off semi final at Springfield Park, Wigan was also beamed back.
I also remember watching Arsenal away in the Centenary lounge.
I think it was the day they took THAT PENALTY.

mcfcirlam said:
I remember going to Maine Road to watch Millwall away when away fans were banned.
The first leg of the play off semi final at Springfield Park, Wigan was also beamed back.
And loyalty points were awarded for watching the Millwall game in the Kippax, one of !y mates a couple of years ago had been to every game since loyalty points were introduced except for that game as he got a ticket off a Millwall fan he knew from England away games

law74 said:
mcfcirlam said:
And loyalty points were awarded for watching the Millwall game in the Kippax, one of !y mates a couple of years ago had been to every game since loyalty points were introduced except for that game as he got a ticket off a Millwall fan he knew from England away games

I don't think that's right,mate.

As I remember We didn't have loyalty points back then. You were either 1st/2nd/3rd/4th. Year season ticket holder,then you became 'regular'.

mcfcirlam said:

Yep I remember going to Maine Road for Stockport County away - remember it not being great although that may have just been the result

Didsbury Dave said:
law74 said:
mcfcirlam said:

I don't think that's right,mate.

As I remember We didn't have loyalty points back then. You were either 1st/2nd/3rd/4th. Year season ticket holder,then you became 'regular'.

They were being tracked then, and games that season (away/cup) turned into points come 2003/04 from Norwich away 2002 onwards. It was done on tracked away games before the points in the two season before that. I had no idea the game was screened even though I went to nearly every game, so it never showed on mine, and now the early games don't show at all there is just a carry over points total.

TBH I don't think it's worth the hassle. Got to drive, so I can't have a drink. The alternatives are either watch it at home on the TV or Interweb, or go to my local pub.

If I lived near the Etihad, I would probably go.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
blueste41 said:
willy eckerslike said:
If Natalie's there, count me in.

Wait ... how much is it first?

The survey asks how much you would be willing to pay (shocker), also asks how much you would be willing to pay if the money went to charity. I answered 5 quid to both.

I replied that I was more interested in the total value for money perspective. No point in paying/donating £5 to watch if a pie and a pint costs a tenner!!

This exactly. Can stay local and sink a few pints with half the bother going to the ground and parking up as well. If it was for free in and maybe 4 pouf a pint if give it a go.

And how do they propose to show 3pm KO legally in the UK? The club would surely be breaking the premier league's broadcasting rules within the UK. Unless....

There is a part of the etihad which actually counts as UAE territory thus allowing them to broadcast all the 3pm KOs they want.....

????

Da_Blu_Moona said:
And how do they propose to show 3pm KO legally in the UK? The club would surely be breaking the premier league's broadcasting rules within the UK. Unless....

There is a part of the etihad which actually counts as UAE territory thus allowing them to broadcast all the 3pm KOs they want.....

????

I couldn't be arsed getting into another disagreement on here last weekend, because I hadn't seen the survey. Thus, I took it that the survey the OP received actually said something along the lines of: "If City were to broadcast at the ground Saturday 3pm away matches, e.g. Leicester, would you be interested?"

So my take on it is, City are looking to seek a change in the rule that permits any Premiership football club to broadcast the away match to anyone who attends the home ground. But, they want to see how many Blues are interested before going to the Premier League with the request.

Like you say, it can't happen any other way, unless City do have a section of the ground that aint part of the UK.

dobobobo said:
Da_Blu_Moona said:

????

I couldn't be arsed getting into another disagreement on here last weekend, because I hadn't seen the survey. Thus, I took it that the survey the OP received actually said something along the lines of: "If City were to broadcast at the ground Saturday 3pm away matches, e.g. Leicester, would you be interested?"

So my take on it is, City are looking to seek a change in the rule that permits any Premiership football club to broadcast the away match to anyone who attends the home ground. But, they want to see how many Blues are interested before going to the Premier League with the request.

Like you say, it can't happen any other way, unless City do have a section of the ground that aint part of the UK.

For information the UAE territory is defined by the M11 3FF postcode. It was transferred as part of the recent housing partnership with Manchester City Council - so no problem with the 3pm ko rule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.